Room Correction for CLX and Rel Subs

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi,

Just found and purchased a brand new pair CLX Art and also bought 2 Rel Reference G1 Mk2's Subwoofers to go with the CLX
Upgrading form Expression 13A and BalancedForce 210. ARC and PBK provide an excellent solution to room correction.
Have an Anthem AVM70 surround processor and use ARC to calibrate home theatre side of system.

However for 2 channel listening use Devialet Expert Pro 1000 (Anthem bypassed) so no built in correction tools.
Can anyone suggest options and how I go about optimising my 2 channel system (CLX and 2 Rel subs) ?

Since the Devialet is an Integrated system, no way to insert a crossover / Room Corrector in the signal path.

Personally, I'd just use the AVM for everything, as having active crossovers ahead of the CLX and subs, coupled with the room correction will yield a vastly more accurate in-room sound than a simple uncorrected 2ch system. That Devialet is a beautiful piece of gear and an awesome amp, but the closed nature of being an integrated is the problem. Trade it for a simple amp?

Devialet has no room analysis capabilities, but can be configured to output to sub woofer with different crossover points depending on chosen source.

Wanted to try settle in the CLX before looking at amplification. Swapping out Devialet also means new Pre Amp and DAC as well as Amps.

Think I'm going to try build a Roon convolution engine file using EQ wizard and see what it does

Back