Room correction EQ

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
E

EricE

Anybody have experience with room correction EQ with their logans?
Tac-T or Lexicon's MC12's room EQ. I'm looking primarily at bass nodes below 200hz and their fixes using parametric EQing. I know Velodyne will have their SMS-1 eq out soon and I just want to hear other peoples experiences with bass EQing.

EricE said:
I know Velodyne will have their SMS-1 eq out soon and I just want to hear other peoples experiences with bass EQing.

Last I heard from Velodyne - July
AV123 will have R-DES....soon????
Have heard some people using Behringer Feed Back Destroyer

SMS-1 and R-DES will be designed for low end. FBD, I think is full spectrum.

Talk about Tact & FBD over at AA

Dan

July for the SMS-1 eh Dan :D

I've been trying to get the wife to agree to a IB setup and sell the Servo15....

I'm gonna need some sort of EQ and crossover for the system that is why I posted the question.

What about a computer RTA with mike attachment :confused:

Had a old Parametric EQ in my old house and it certainly helped... I will certainly look for that feature when I buy a new processor someday. My new location could use it.

Also look at the DEQX PDC-2.6 and Meridian G68.

I have the TacT (not with M-L right now though) and am very pleased with it, once overcoming some initial difficulties which were mainly user error. Once you successfully implement correction it is hard to go back.

Dipole speakers generally need less correction than others since relatively little output is directed towards the floor, ceiling, and side walls. But for systems with dynamic woofers it will help a lot. Bypassing the passive crossover on the bass system and implementing a digital crossover with high order slope will provide additional benefits too.

Both look lile amazing stand alone systems with a lot of flexability.

I've been trying to get a reliable RTA from a laptop running RTA software and a cheap RadioShack meter. Results were too good to be ture so something must not be right somewhere. Also I think it was less than 1/3rd octave and averaged out. Something like 1/1 octave.

Back