Rocky Mountain Audio Fest- Day 3

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Tri amps

The Tri amps on the other hand seemed very reasonably priced and are gem like pieces of audio art. The TRV 4se pre-amp sells for $1700.00 and the 300B based monoblocks for $4000.00 the pair. Beautiful here, better in person.

Attachments

• Tri03.jpg
    Tri03.jpg
    103.4 KB · Views: 164
SonicWeld

SonicWeld makes these powered loudspeakers from machined solid blocks of 6061 Aluminum. Each of the towers includes 3 200 watt Class D amps, the subwoofers have an 1100 watt version. System costs $49K for a single sub version, $64K for the two sub version -but include the DSP. All you need is a source component (in this case an Esoteric DV-50S) to make music. Sound was OK, but not $64K worth in my opinion. Much better sound to be found elsewhere for a lot less money. Nice to look at though if you like that sort of thing.

Attachments

• Sonicweld01.jpg
    Sonicweld01.jpg
    97.5 KB · Views: 158
Last Post

Finally through to my last post on this years show. Black Diamond Racing had a very cool demonstration in their room of the effectiveness of using their cones and pucks under equipment. I've always been a fan and use their products throughout my system. They were demonstrating not only the differences between using the cones alone, then using them with the pucks, and finally showing how the position of the cones and pucks under your equipment would alter the sound. Very effective. I ended up purchasing one of their BDR VPI record clamps (shown here in action on my turntable a few minutes ago) for a SIGNIFICANTLY reduced show price! This thing works wonders over the stock VPI clamp. Better bass and dynamics, and an increase in resolution that makes images even more crystal clear. A very good purchase.

That's just one more of the cool things about this show. There is a ton of music, accessories and even equipment to be bought at great prices. Many of the systems I've shared in these threads could be bought outright there at the show.

In closing let me just say what a great time I had. Three days of pure audio bliss. Next year we simply MUST get a group from this forum together to take it all in. I would be very happy to play host both at the show and around my city of Denver. I know some great places to eat and some good watering holes!

Attachments

• BDRClamp.jpg
    BDRClamp.jpg
    57.8 KB · Views: 160
MiTT said:
In closing let me just say what a great time I had. Three days of pure audio bliss. Next year we simply MUST get a group from this forum together to take it all in. I would be very happy to play host both at the show and around my city of Denver. I know some great places to eat and some good watering holes!

Great posts and great recap of the show! You were most awesome in that you took the time to actually post a pic and write your comment about the system pictured.... very good read! I will start at Day1 and go to Day3 sometime tomorrow when I eat lunch and take a break from studying in my room. You have a great passion for everything audio.

And yes... we SHOULD have a group do this next year. Too bad it's in the middle of October and I have classes/rotations.

Joey ;)

Tim, Another excellent coverage piece on day 3 ! I think when we are all together in June those of us that are interested in the show for next year can lay our ground work then.

Great Job, MiTT

I have really enjoyed your coverage of the show. Great pictures. Insightful, descriptive commentary. Without a doubt, your coverage is better than any reporting of any show I have ever read in any "high-end" audio magazine. Thanks for bringing the show to all of us audio addicts.

Wonderful Tour-De-Force Coverage of the RMAF...

Tim,

Your guidance through the many Audio wonders of the RMAF was just right and extremely interesting as well as entertaining, with beautiful photos too. :D An early Christmas present a perfect gift really to all of us... I really can't thank you enough. :D

:D Classic coverage... :D

Are Those Cables on the Floor?

MiTT said:
Hey everybody - FINALLY getting over a rough week at work and posting my show report on Day 3 of the Rocky Mountain Audio Fest. Sorry for my tardiness.

The first room that my buddy Joe and I visited on Day 3 was a doozie. AudiKinesis is actualy a High End retailer that have developed their own brand of speakers and electronics. These big box enclosures are their Jazz Modules. While they are heavily towed in (almost like they were Klipshorns or something), these things imaged like champs and had a very punchy dynamic sound - in fact very reminicent of Klipshorns. "Nils Lofgren Live Acoustic" sounded FANTASTIC in this room.
Tim,

:confused: I was just wondering, what are those black folded things on the floor? Could they be cables in special casings to keep them off the floor?

Robin said:
Tim,

:confused: I was just wondering, what are those black folded things on the floor? Could they be cables in special casings to keep them off the floor?
Robin, those were the actual speaker cables themselves. I have no idea whose they were though. They weren't familiar to me and I forgot to ask. Anybody?

These amps have the largest "ON/OFF" switches I've ever seen.

Attachments

• Behold01.jpg
    Behold01.jpg
    94.5 KB · Views: 91
Back