Rock and Roll Hall of Fame 25th Anniv concert on HBO

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SteveInNC

Reaction score
For US members, this is playing this month on HBO. Among others, there are performances in various combinations by Jerry Lee Lewis, Simon and Garfunkel, CSN, Sting, Stevie Wonder, Reba McIntire, Aretha Franklin, Mettalica, Ozzy Osborne, U2, Bruce Springsteen, and probably others that I forgot. It's about a four hour show.

Jerry Lee Lewis was fun to watch performing Great Balls of Fire, and he's fricking ancient.

Crosby, Stills and Nash still sound good, but can't quite hit the high notes anymore. I've seen them in concert several times. They have good shows and mediocre shows.

Sam Moore did a good job - he's pretty ancient too :)

Simon and Garfunkel still have killer harmonies. They still sound just like the records, and no, it wasn't tape. They were probably the best in the whole show.

Stevie Wonder sounds the same as always, and had Sting sit in.

Aretha did nothing for me, probably the most disappointing performer (IMO).

Metallica was good. Ozzy did Iron Man with them and made an ass of himself by throwing gratuitous F-bombs - it just wasn't that type of show or audience.

U2 and Bruce gave typical good performances.

I missed it...no HBO for me :(

Oh well...I will be seeing Metallica next monday!! And fortunately, Ozzy will not be here. :)

i thought it wasnt on until thursday? ive got it scheduled to be DVRed.

I wish I could have seen it live. I lived pretty close to the area around 6 years ago. If I still lived there I would have tried hard to go!

Last edited:
Simon and Garfunkel where unbelievable ! I hope the younger musicians where listening !

the wife is seeing & recording Bruce Hornsby tonight so i am home alone, looks like this will be my concert event.

I was there on Thursday of the two-day event. There was much material that was cut from the HBO edit. I wonder if somebody has the rights to release the recorded material? That would make one helluva vinyl box set!

unless they signed away the rights to play that show, the artist owns their intellectual property.

Back