RIP High End - NEW Martin Logan Speakers! Motion XT F100 Review

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

longhorn

Reaction score

May not be much going on the electrostatic side but Martin Logan apparently knocked it out of the park with the Motions.

That folded tweeter is quite good even if you're coming from ESLs (I have a pair of Motion4 and Motion10 that use it) as it plays loudly effortlessly and has narrow vertical dispersion. And I just love a woven fiber cone for the mids and aluminum cones for bass, so this is a great update on the old-fashioned 3-way box speaker.
I didn't watch the whole video, but did they point out how useful it is to bi-amp them?

I have a set of Wharfedale Evo 4.2s with the AMT tweeter, same thing as the F100 and I can say they're super detailed. I watched the whole review and they sound like a killer speaker.

I asked Andrew on Instagram how he thought they'd compare against ESL speakers and he figures they'd be tonally very different. I know he's a big fan of electrostatics so maybe someday we'll get a head to head video.

Back