Resolutions for 2006, hi-fi related !

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kaliar

Reaction score
Here are two of mine:

- resist the "upgraditis" bug by taking the time to appreciate what I have !
- always remember that music is more important than the equipment !

I hope to be strong enough for the first one ! :D

Happy New Year to all !

Last edited:
Resolutions for 2006...

* To home audition and purchase a super fine (economical) set of interconnects.
* To research and audition as many Blue-Ray DVD players as possible, maybe
purchase if I get the right price etc.
* To keep giving you guys a hard time wherever possible... :D
* To actually see Mark's system on my computer screen and marvel at it's shear
beauty and grandeur... :D
* To continue to learn and where possible offer in-put advise or knowledge
about this great and wonderful audio hobby I'm interested in.

Cheers

-Robin

I solemnly swear to carry on the fight for our digital audio freedom!

Down with DRM!
Down with Sony BMG!
Down with the RIAA!
Down with the DMCA!
Smash with the PMRC!

To maybe find a good used pair of ML Vantages. :)

get a Krell kps 25sc to join my amp !!!!!!!!!!!!

1. Get Martin Logan Vantage.
2. Work on getting a better amp - perhaps something like the Rotel RB1080 or 1090 amp towards the summertime.
3. Get an SVS PB12+/2 subwoofer.
4. Done.

Clean up and sort through the two bins of records that people have just given me and the wife has dragged home. I've not listened to a single one of those alien/foreign records (3-years), still regarded as the outsiders wanting in. Will they hurt my Grado?

Ok,
I’ve thought long are hard on this one. I am, unfortunately, not in any financial position to complete any significant upgrades this year or possibly next so I have two lists: one I know is immediately possible, the other is more of a reasonable (if that’s possible in this hobby) wish list.

What I want to do this year (not in any particular order):

1. Finish off my DIY rack and TV stand. I’ve completed the framing for my stand and now need to make and finish off the shelves.

2. Install (myself) a 20amp dedicated circuit for my system. I should be able to do this for hopefully less than $100.

3. Look into all of the new music suggestions that have been posted as a result of my request, in addition to a few new bands/artists that I have just recently discovered myself.

4. With all of the cable posts lately, I’m getting curious to sell off some of my extra stuff to try something different.

5. Fight off upgraditus. This by far will be my hardest thing to accomplish.

6. Learn to enjoy what I have, knowing that it’s much more than what most people have or can afford.

What I eventually would like to have in my system; the wish list:

1. A new TV (50-60in). Whenever I get around to posting my system you’ll understand why. Even my wife agrees with this. Bless her heart!

2. Add a DVR to the system, again at my wife’s suggestion. She’s a keeper…

3. A new sub. I’d like a Descent, but I fear that saving for my kids’ college education is a much higher priority.

4. Upgrade my amp. To what, I haven’t decided on yet. I have the itch to try something different. This is related to items 5 and 6 above.

Robin said:
* To home audition and purchase a super fine (economical) set of interconnects.
* To research and audition as many Blue-Ray DVD players as possible, maybe
purchase if I get the right price etc.
* To keep giving you guys a hard time wherever possible... :D
* To actually see Mark's system on my computer screen and marvel at it's shear
beauty and grandeur... :D
* To continue to learn and where possible offer in-put advise or knowledge
about this great and wonderful audio hobby I'm interested in.

Cheers

-Robin

That is so funny!!! As I was reading this post, I thought to myself...Hmm, what should say? I know!!! I'll say that my resolution for this year is to get my system posted on here! I laughed out loud when I read that Robin. Thanks for making me smile! :D

My resolution is:

To post photos of my system and components! :cool:

Your system is so cool...

MarkNewbie said:
That is so funny!!! As I was reading this post, I thought to myself...Hmm, what should say? I know!!! I'll say that my resolution for this year is to get my system posted on here! I laughed out loud when I read that Robin. Thanks for making me smile! :D

My resolution is:

To post photos of my system and components! :cool:
Mark,

Thanks for your good sence of humor... :D
You know I've always thought your system is fantastic and would be great to see how you have it set-up in your home. I'll try not to nag you too much... :)

Cheers

-Robin

Robin said:
Mark,

Thanks for your good sence of humor... :D
You know I've always thought your system is fantastic and would be great to see how you have it set-up in your home. I'll try not to nag you too much... :)

Cheers

-Robin
Perhaps you should go to the Member Systems thread and view it then. That is, if you still want to.... :rolleyes:

Kaliar said:
Here are two of mine:

- resist the "upgraditis" bug by taking the time to appreciate what I have !
- always remember that music is more important than the equipment !

I hope to be strong enough for the first one ! :D

Happy New Year to all !
you hit the nail on the head !!!! I totally agree !!!!

Thanks for the moral support, Dave !

twich54 said:
you hit the nail on the head !!!! I totally agree !!!!
I also appreciate two of Jeff Zaret's resolutions: "Save, Save, Save. Pay off my credit card." ;)

Cheers !

Simple -

I have only one:

Not to spend any money on equipment this year!

There are just too many other priorities, including trying to fund a complete career change, to allow me to spend any more money on audio gear.

Cheers,

David

Fantastic System...

MarkNewbie said:
Perhaps you should go to the Member Systems thread and view it then. That is, if you still want to.... :rolleyes:
Mark,

Thank you for posting your fantastic, "System #85", it was well worth the wait... :D You were thinking of me when you showed so many wonderful photos too... :D

Thanks again, Mark :D

Cheers

-Robin

Back