Request, spikes or not?

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

coherent

Reaction score
I have a pair of ML Request that don't have spikes and i'm not sure if they are supposed to have them?
If they are supposed to have them, where can i get a pair?

I have had them for 15+ years but hardly ever use them, maybe 3-4 hours per year but now i have found a new interest in hi-fi so i'm freshing up my whole system that will be presented in another thread :)

Welcome coherent.

If you look at the manual it will tell you what the threads are for the spikes. Once you have that information you can use any that fit your liking.

Thank you for the welcome :)

I will refer to the manual, that is if i can find it..
I downloaded a manual at the ML website but can not find the information.
My back-up plan is to take off the round "feets" that are fitted now and measure the threads.

I can't remember if i got spikes with the speakers or not when i bought them so i'm not sure if there is supposed to be spikes or not or just have the round ones.

They should have came with spikes when new, but if you bought them 2nd hand, the previous owner perhaps didn't include the spikes.

They should have came with spikes when new, but if you bought them 2nd hand, the previous owner perhaps didn't include the spikes.

Thank you for your answer
I bought them new so the spikes probably are in the boxes, i will look next time i go to my storage.

I have been reading about the front slipping down and disconnecting the panels and i was a bit surprised i has not happen to my speakers.
When i had a look today i realized that the fronts has actually slipped down and are resting on the floor!
If i have had the speakers on spikes i guess they would have slipped longer and eventually been disconnected so it's not all bad to have them on the round feet :)

I realize this is a late reply - I just joined the forum - but the spikes should be in a white molded plastic foam rectangle thing :). And, for what it's worth, I do recommend using spikes. I was surprised how much using spikes tightens up the bass.

Here is my opinion given to someone considering Stillpoints...

IF the wood floors are on a concrete slab, then the Stillpoints or other spikey footers may help.

IF they are the typical plywood subfloor and joists, points may just couple your speakers to what approximates a large drum head.

The latter is the case I have so have opted for soft isolation footers. I am using Herbies's footers under my Martin Logan CLX e:stats.

Since there is a basement below my listening room, I actually put 2 floor jacks under pieces of 4 x 4 which span several floor joists below my speakers.

As with all things audio, YMMV.

Back