ReQuest sounds dull recently

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

drianhodgson

Reaction score
Hello all
I have a pair of ReQuest speakers which previously sounded great, I then didn't listen for about a year, recently plugged them in and they sound both incredibly dull and somewhat muted compared to my other speakers, I have previously owned 2 pairs of Quests and 3 pairs of Aerius and Aerius I. I have also washed both of the previous panels but before I embark on this I wonder what others have to say, amplifier usually at 11 oclock now I need 3pm forvthe same volume, top end now lacks a lot of sparkle! Confused?
Thanks for any advice
Ian

Ian...The symptoms you describe would tend toward an inefficient charging of the panels, however even if left unused for that length of time I would have thought it would be unusual for a set of panels left uncharged to attract a level of detritus enough to produce the level of degraded performance that you describe.

If both panels are similarly effected it would rule out electronics.

It sounds like you an old hand at washing ML panels, I would go with that potential solution and see how they perform post bathing.

Back