ReQuest bad panel or what?

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So, I found a company in Germany called Hifi-Zenit. They have rebuilt my panels, new mylar and everything. They rebuilt the crossovers as well, they changed the slope on the woofer, se link for more information. ReeQuest have been playing for a coulpe of hours now and they finally sound good again!

I was thinking, do new panels need some sort of "run in time"? Should I do/don´t do something?

Link to crossover mod:
https://www.hifi-zenit.de/elektrostaten/hybrid-bassproblem
Link to panel renovation:
https://www.hifi-zenit.de/elektrostaten/allgemein
I´m really exited, they are alive wooohoo! Sounding soooo crisp.

I wouldn't worry too much about run in time on panels. They should be good to go out of the box.

Congrats on getting your speakers fixed, tell us more about this Hifi Zenit place, I've ran across there website before but never gave it much thought.

They rebuilt the crossovers as well, they changed the slope on the woofer, se link for more information
Thanks for that link, and congrats on the refurbished/improved ReQuests.

However: When measuring the complete loudspeaker with various other types of woofers, an additional, more fundamental problem becomes apparent, without the solution of which even much better woofers make little sense: The low-pass filtering (i.e. the separation from higher frequencies) of the bass loudspeaker is completely inadequate in its original state. While the ESL department is freed from bass from around 300 and 150Hz down, depending on the model, the woofer in its original state is allowed to penetrate far too high frequency ranges. Both the separation frequency and the steepness of the separation are absolutely insufficient. This results in a wide overlap and thus a lack of separation between the woofer and the ESL panel, with corresponding discolorations in this frequency range.
The above quote (translated by Google) from the link provided is amusing to me, as I've said that for years here.
The large coil used in the bass XO is a likely source of problems, making the low-end flabby, but the higher frequency problems they identify with the original XO are a serious issue as well. Their new mod seems to clean that up nicely.

Latest posts

Back