Replacing a Summit Amp DIY

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Craig

Reaction score
F.Y.I
In case anyone is interested I posted a series of steps to replace the Summit Amplifier in the DIY section. Hopefully, no one will need to do that but sometimes things happen. Regardless, the photos will give you a peek into the guts of a Summit speaker. The good news is that is easy to do and Martin Logan has some of the best customer service in the business. It's a great speaker that can easily be fixed by the customer if necessary.

DIY replacing a Summit internal amp

This is really well documented. It looks straight forward and I hope I will not need to do it for my Vantage speakers.

Joel

That is a real informative thread!

BTW, what did you do with the old amp? You should play "Dr. Frankenstein" and wire it up to other things... just for fun. :)

Nicely documented.

Good pointers provided as well.

Cheers,

BTW, what did you do with the old amp? You should play "Dr. Frankenstein" and wire it up to other things... just for fun.

The old amp was defective so it wouldn't make a very good Frankenstene. It's name was Abby something...Abby Normal I think it was.

Martin Logan wanted the old amp back so they could analyze it to find out what the problem was. A good method for process improvement. If I didn't send it back then they would have to charge me $250 for the amp which is actually a good price if it worked.

Back