repanelling the aerius has not been good.

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
R

Ribbonman

Hello to all in the ml community,

I wonder if any of you ecountered any problems repanelling the aerius. I just got in the replacement panels. Hooked up one speaker, 1,2,3 and the second, well, it was a damned struggle. I got to the part of loosening the screws to the first and second terminal...the third, herein lies the problem, screw was so difficult...I busted the terminal( don't know why they gotta screw them dern things so hard). Well, if anyone knows what I should do or may have had the same experience, let me know. In the meantime, I,ll just have to use my infinity bookshelves which are decent.

Phil

Ribbonman said:
Hello to all in the ml community,

I wonder if any of you ecountered any problems repanelling the aerius. I just got in the replacement panels. Hooked up one speaker, 1,2,3 and the second, well, it was a damned struggle. I got to the part of loosening the screws to the first and second terminal...the third, herein lies the problem, screw was so difficult...I busted the terminal( don't know why they gotta screw them dern things so hard). Well, if anyone knows what I should do or may have had the same experience, let me know. In the meantime, I,ll just have to use my infinity bookshelves which are decent.

Phil
Hola Phil...you can buy the same terminal at any electronic supply and replace it or you can solder the wires. Be careful because sometimes due to age, the colors black and blue can be almost the same...so be sure that when soldering, blue with blue and black with black, red with red. Also put scotch electric vynil tape to insolate each cable´s solder...hope this can help...happy listening,
Roberto.

Roberto,

in any case the wires would need to be soldered to the terminal...so it may be better, in fact, to just solder the three wires of both speakers without the terminals...does that sound right??

Phillip

Ribbonman said:
Roberto,

in any case the wires would need to be soldered to the terminal...so it may be better, in fact, to just solder the three wires of both speakers without the terminals...does that sound right??

Phillip
yes, and it is reported as a great improoved sound tweak...I had never done it, but I´m an electronic freak, and had serviced Martin Logan for over 18 years here in Costa Rica. Do it, there will be no problem and perhaps you might like it better...just, trust your ears and enjoy your new sound...happy listening,
Roberto.

Yes, I have heard soldering the wires directly is quite a tweak and should greatly improve the sound. That said, any further panel replacements will be harder as you will have to cut the wire and re-solder.

Let me know if you solder directly, and if you hear any benefit!

Back