Renaissance 15a LCR or Statement 40xw LCR

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Moltar

Reaction score
So I have an interesting conundrum. I currently have 15a with a 34c center and have a 120in 16:9 screen between the left and right. I love the electrostatic sound, but it severely limits my screen size. Statements solve this using AT and inwalls. I could also do 15a all the way across, buying a third 15a and selling the 34c, and doing a larger drop down screen AT in front of them.

Do I keep the electrostatic goodness with the 15a all the way and efx surrounds or go balls to the wall with Statements LCR and Monument surrounds?

What would you do?

Here is what the room currently looks like.
0D10346F-DFF1-4881-8035-022871A45101.jpeg

For HT I'd use Statements all the way!
But keep the 15A's for music.

The Statement speakers are great for HT! Just not as good as my 13A's for music. Two different animals.

Flush mounted Statements would be the best. It takes SBIR from the wall out of the equation.

For HT I'd use Statements all the way!
But keep the 15A's for music.

The Statement speakers are great for HT! Just not as good as my 13A's for music. Two different animals.

Flush mounted Statements would be the best. It takes SBIR from the wall out of the equation.
I think thats what I would do as long as I had another room where I would want to put a system just for listening to music. If you hang the screen down in front of the 15a's it will have to come down from the ceiling and be quite a few feet out from the front wall and that will put the screen much closer to your seating positions. That might feel cramped?

Is that an Atmos setup, with some of those speakers on the ceiling being Atmos, or are those all surround speakers? You could look at putting in some systines for atmos in the ceiling and tributes as the surrounds in the walls.

As much of an ESL fan as I am, I'd say the Statements would be the better choice on many levels, including sound quality.

And speaking of sound quality, you can vastly improve your current setup by putting absorbers behind those side-wall EFX's. I can hear the comb-filtering from here, and it makes my ears hurt every time I see a pic of one of those right up against a wall.

Audio Advice installed a really nice Statement 40Xw system in a stealth theater a few months ago. the owner was a big ESL fan but didn't want speakers sitting out in the room. He moved his stats to a different room and is thrilled with the results.
I

Audio Advice installed a really nice Statement 40Xw system in a stealth theater a few months ago. the owner was a big ESL fan but didn't want speakers sitting out in the room. He moved his stats to a different room and is thrilled with the results.
I

That looks like the theater that one of our members posted on here. He shared the building process. Amazing setup! That's my dream.

Latest posts

Back