Refurbished Quests

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
K

kingnoelpaps

Hello, I'm a new ML fan who is currently getting his Quests refurbished at the ML plant.Apparently my panels have been bad for some time and I finally blew one of my crossovers by driving it too hard with my Anthem AVM 30 amp and MCA 50 preamp. I'm condiering getting mono-blocks to drive the Quests. Anyone who has suggestons on Monos or replacement cables (in dire need of replacing) I would be very thankful. I'm looking forward to getting the Quests back and here what they should really sound like. I bought the ML's used and have been told by Jim at the plant that it sounds like they never did work right. At any rate any suggestions would be welcomed! :D

Id go the extra mile and get new sub drivers put in if ya can as they will better integrate with the new panels !

kingnoelpaps,

Welcome.

I would wait until you get them back and see how they sound first and then decide. At the very least you will love them and not want to do any more.

Of curse there is the other side and will be spending more on all kinds of stuff too. :D

Jeff:musicnote:

Hello, I'm condiering getting mono-blocks to drive the Quests. Anyone who has suggestons on Monos or replacement cables (in dire need of replacing) I would be very thankful. ...... At any rate any suggestions would be welcomed! :D

Hi,
I would suggest you break in the refurbed first. Then try a bunch of new cables. They are so personal due to their effect on the sound. I think if you went with an up-scale brand you would be fine. I'm running Purists Audio bi-wire, but that doesn't mean a thing towards your preference in sound! As for mono-blocks, if / when you have the cash.... do it! And from my experience over the years, if you can handle tube amps. the ML's will sing so sweetly. Course, there is the tube issues, match or not, heat, re-tube maintenance, etc.

Good Luck. Please post when you get your refurbs back. My Quests sound great but are getting old. Curiosity, you know??

Back