Recommendations for shipping larger speakers?

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Craig

Reaction score
After watching the market on CLS for a few months I finally grabbed a pair. Apparently, they don't come up for sale very often. The next big step is getting them safely shipped across the U.S.. They're a little too large for FedEx so I need to have them sent by freight service. The seller is taking care of the packaging so all I need to do is to arrange for a pick up.

Anyone have any recommendations on a reputable shipping service?

My large subwoofers (several of them) have been shipped to me by SVS via BAX Global with great success and never any damage.

Don't know if this helps, but most of the mfrs that we deal with that
ship freight use Roadway...

I shipped a very big pair of speakers to Wisconsin last year and
used FedEx freight with good luck too.

Congrats Craig, glad you finally found a pair. My CLS's were shipped to me via Fedex Ground/Freight. I have used them a couple of times and had very good luck.

If possible have the sender put the boxes on a pallet with a piece of wood down the sides. The extra weight will not add much more cost and will assure a fork lift is used not people moving your boxs by hand and dropping them. The pieces of wood should keep a fork lift driver with bad aim from making a shish kabob out of your CLS's.

I look forward to hearing them with your Nemos.

Where the heck are you gonna put them? And waddya gonna do with the Summits? Inquiring minds want to know! After seeing the Summit box pics after Joey shipped them to Tom, I think investing in a protected pallet would be well worth it.

Last edited:
Back