Recommendations for ESL showroom in the Los Angeles, CA area

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

as350_b3

Reaction score
I will be in the San Fernando Valley in the LA area in the near future and would like to audition the ESL 13 and 15 speakers. My home town doesn't have any Martin Logan dealers and I would like to use this business trip to CA as an opportunity to hear the new ESLs. The ML website is a bit clunky and lists Magnolia Audio (Best Buy) in a few locations as having showrooms displaying Masterpiece speakers along with several custom installers. I assume none of the custom companies have listening rooms.

Can anyone recommend a dealer that has a ML listening room with the ESL 13/15 speakers located somewhere between Simi Valley and Burbank? If there aren't any in that area, where would I have to go to hear the large electrostats?

As an FYI, the Magnolia stores that display and sell the Masterpiece Series are the Magnolia Design Center stores. When you search for the locations, after searching using the city of your choice to get near the area of interest, use the "Filter by services" link to then select "Magnolia Design Center".

Good luck, and have fun!

Thanks for the recommendation. I'll swing by their business next week. I'm still several months away from upgrading and am currently in the "listening" phase of finding the next set of speakers.

You could convert your Odysseys to active bass, and they'll be as good as the new ones. Or even better since you get to choose the amps and the active crossover.

So I finally got around to listening to a pair of 15As hooked up to Krell and NAD gear. Holly smokes! These babies can sing! There is a very obvious improvement in almost all aspects when compared to my Odysseys. ML definitely made significant improvements from the previous ESL generation.

#lcouplin Thanks for the tip to connect with Jay at Evolution Audio. He was a gracious host.

I ordered a set of 15As earlier this year, before the price increase. I really wasn't planning to get them, but after my brother passed away in July it struck me that life is too short.

Every day, I'm simply blown away by how wonderful they are. If they fit your budget, I'm certain you won't be disappointed.

Back