Recent Outage...

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TomDac

former MLO owner/operator
Reaction score
Hi all,
Site is back up, obviously. We experienced a DDOS attack on the evening of May 7th, 2020. Over 100,000 users on the site.. All From Singapore. HostGator (our hosting company) shut the site down, because we are sharing server space with other customers, and this affects them as well, so shutting MLO down is their protocol.

The last time this happened, HostGator suggested I implement CloudFlare, which is a free service that is supposed to stop DDOS attacks, which I did. Unfortunately, this recent DDOS attack somehow got thru CloudFlare. HostGator now offers an in-house solution for security problems called "SiteLock", which of course they suggested I implement immediately. Not really having a choice, or knowing a whole lot about this kinda stuff, I chose to implement SiteLock's most inexpensive plan, which is called "Prevent" and costs $14.99 per month. I had to pay for a whole year.
Screen Shot 2020-05-17 at 2.52.08 PM.jpg

As many of you know, Google Adsense is our only revenue stream to support the site and the last couple of years, I've had to pay out of my own pocket to pay for expenses, as Adsense doesn't generate enough income to pay for all of this. Now with the extra expense, it will be coming out of my pocket.. That said, I'm asking for donations to help me continue to keep the site running. I know times are very difficult right now, but please consider donating any amount you can. Click HERE to donate. Thank you!

Glad to be back up. Donated for next years installment of "Prevent". Thanks for the great site!

Tom, glad to help out ! and.......glad were back on the air !

Thanks for everything, Tom! Contribution sent.

Latest posts

Back