Received stage speaker

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
M

Mrjb

Received stage speaker PICS TOO

Received my first stage. So far so good, much more compact than the theater. If you didn't look closely you could mistake it for the cinema i. It sounds bigger and more cohearant than the cinema i it replaced as well as having improved bass. I have it sitting on the floor untill I can mount it to the inset above my dlp. 7-17-06 It also sounds more live and has a better presence.

Attachments

• 4-30-06 001.jpg
    4-30-06 001.jpg
    96.7 KB · Views: 191
  • 4-30-06 002.jpg
    4-30-06 002.jpg
    66.6 KB · Views: 166
  • 4-30-06 003.jpg
    4-30-06 003.jpg
    84.4 KB · Views: 151
  • 4-30-06 004.jpg
    4-30-06 004.jpg
    102.8 KB · Views: 161
Last edited:
It sounds bigger and more cohearant than the cinema i it replaced as well as having improved bass.

What about compared to the theater i?

The Stage...

Mrjb said:
Received my first stage. So far so good, much more compact than the theater. If you didn't look closely you could mistake it for the cinema i. It sounds bigger and more cohearant than the cinema i it replaced as well as having improved bass. I have it sitting on the floor untill I can mount it to the inset above my dlp.
Mrjb,

:D Congradulations!
From you discription the Stage seems like another great ML center speaker for HT. You wouldn't happen to have taken a photo of your new Stage? On second thought, maybe you could take a photo of your new Stage once it's all mounted. I'd love to see it in your system... :D

I'd love to see some pics too and please let us know how it integrates with your main speakers (which model do you have?). How is the dispersion? Is there a small or large sweet spot?

Dominick22 said:
I thought the Stage was intended to replace the Theater i??

Dominick
It was originally intended to replace both the cinema and theater center channels, but the cost to produce the stage meant its MSRP would be higher then it should to replace both center channels so the Stage just replaced the Theater i.

Last edited:
This is interesting to me considering its PERCEIVED abilities more closely resemble the cinema.

It seems like ML no longer has a center as capable as the the Theater i and has no plans on making one?

Why would this be?

Dominick

There is a long thread elsewhere on this topic. I guess it will come down to how the Stage really sounds, not how guys like me expect it to sound without actually listening to it. :)

I was hoping that ML might go for a more state of the art effort with this design, since it seems pretty much like a souped up Cinema with aluminum woofers. I am sure it will be a great speaker, but the Summit showed what ML could do with a new design, so I hoped for more.

My take right now is that the Stage is the second best Center channell I've heard behind the Avalon Acoustics model.

It is better than the Theater i. It is not however leaps and bounds better. It is subtley better in many areas however.

tsd2005 said:
My take right now is that the Stage is the second best Center channell I've heard behind the Avalon Acoustics model.

tsd, I agree, when I listened to that unit earlier this year I was totally awed, it is $$$ wise way out of my league though.

tsd2005 said:

It is better than the Theater i. It is not however leaps and bounds better. It is subtley better in many areas however.

I'm pretty sure I'll also find it second best, but only to my own center ;)

Good to hear it's better than the theater i. I need to get to a Magnolia that has one and listen to it myself.

tsd2005 said:

Have you compared them? Do you already own a Stage? I will receive mine in about two weeks.

Tiberium said:
What about compared to the theater i?
I didn't own the theater i but a friend of mine does and he just ordered the stage.

garmtz said:
Have you compared them? Do you already own a Stage? I will receive mine in about two weeks.

Yes I have compared them. The Theater i is being replaced in my home theater for a Stage.

tsd2005 said:
Yes I have compared them. The Theater i is being replaced in my home theater for a Stage.

Could you give me a little more insight to what is better exactly? I am guessing it is a bit more transparant and airy sounding and that the tweeter integrates better with the panel. How about dispersion? Is it as good as or maybe better than the Theater i?

I can't wait to receive the Stage mid August. I am really missing a center channel now. It is essential in my opinion for proper surround sound. :(

I have a Cinema I. It is possilbe that I might upgrade. My Cinema I is mounted on the ceiling. Is the mounting plate (the one you attach to the wall or ceiling different than the Cinima I?

Joe

Back