Real or Fake Video iPod.

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SugarMedia

Reaction score
You be the judge. Is this the new iPod video that been circulating recent news articles? *(Yes or No)

Be sure to watch the video.
http://youtube.com/watch?v=B1H_d_7CVPc

I say "Yes, it's real."

Attachments

• ipod.jpg
    ipod.jpg
    29.6 KB · Views: 247
Fake as hell.

Not to mention, why would I want to watch a movie with the controls superimposed over the picture?

Actually there have been a rash of these type of pictures. I have to admit this is the best one I have seen.

Last edited:
socialxray said:
Fake as hell.

Not to mention, why would I want to watch a movie with the controls superimposed over the picture?

Actually there have been a rash of these type of pictures. I have to admit this is the best one I have seen.

Supposedly the next generation iPOD will have a touch screen, so I wouldn't necessarily write it off as some handy studio work.

Let's wait and see though... word has it that Jobs won't release it until he seals some deals on movie licenses.

Just when I was thinking about going to the dark side and getting an i-pod this comes along (sigh). Guess I'll wait a while longer and get the latest toy instead. Any guesses what a trinket like this might set one back?

MiTT said:
Just when I was thinking about going to the dark side and getting an i-pod this comes along (sigh). Guess I'll wait a while longer and get the latest toy instead. Any guesses what a trinket like this might set one back?

Well, the current video/photo iPod starts at $299. With the larger screen and/or touchpad alleged for the new one as per the mockup above, I would bet on something starting around $399. Apple is in a hard spot here because fairly large-screen portable DVD players can be had for around $150 retail. Style and convenience will let Apple charge a premium, but there is a pain threshold in there somewhere.

ThinkSecret is the main Apple rumor site (they've been sued by Apple on occassion). Here is their play on the future of a new video iPod:

http://www.thinksecret.com/news/0603videoipod.html

and about movie downloads:

http://www.thinksecret.com/news/0603movies.html

doesn't matter to me if it's real or fake... Would I ever want to watch something on a screen that small? My answer is NO. To me this is like text messaging on your cell phone - what's the point? You have a cell phone.. call the person!! HELLO?!?!? :p

TomDac said:
doesn't matter to me if it's real or fake... Would I ever want to watch something on a screen that small? My answer is NO. To me this is like text messaging on your cell phone - what's the point? You have a cell phone.. call the person!! HELLO?!?!? :p

Tom, it's far different in Europe than in the US. Text Messaging is so common over here, I couldn't believe it when I arrived. In addition, I've found it is sometimes nice to send a message w/o making a call. Less intrusive. (Also the pay plans are opposite of what they are in the US. It's expensive to call, whereas Verizon offers Continental unlimited for X dollars. Not the case here.)

The ipod on the other hand, i think works well, if you live in big cities and have a commute, or for students inbetween classes, business trips, car trips, etc. There are some Ivy League universities already creating downloads of various lectures. Imagine that, I can sit in on a Stanford debate.

I aso agree with SteveInNC that they will be priced in the 399.00 range.

TomDac said:

I agree with you but in discussions with my 22 year old, I understand her point for text messaging. She sends messages when in class or at work since sending and/or getting them is not intrusive or disruptive to her enviroment. Makes sense from that standpoint but being the Dad that I am, I think the phone should be off during those times as she doesn't need to be sending text messages while in class or while at work. :mad: I never did while in college or while a young worker just starting out.

SugarMedia said:
I aso agree with SteveInNC that they will be priced in the 399.00 range.

Well, so that's not so bad. That's about equivilent to the current 60G versions I think.

I'll ponder this a little longer while I wait for this version to come out.

Thanks

This is a different generation. Text messaging is more approriate than talking on the phone in many situations. Just to name a few, in public transportation, in the bathroom, meetings, seminars, lectures, concerts, etc.

In addition, just to clarify something... I personally believe that Apple will come out with some touchscreen devices. In 2005, they have applied for many patents in regards to touch screen control devices. However I don't believe it would be a tablet PC. In 2002, Steve Jobs didn't think it'd sell well and he hasn't changed the position yet because essentially who writes e-mails? The whole point of computers is so that you don't have to write with your hands. Thus that leads to a possible iPod. There is an announcement around April 1st (30th anniversary for Apple) but not on it because it's a Saturday. I personally am guessing it'd be a 13.3" wide screen laptop named MacBook to replace the current iBook line with probably a 1.67GHz single or maybe duo core processor with iSight and FrontRow built in under $1,500. There could be a touchscreen iPod also. As for the bigger laptop, it should be launched in June (last year they announced the partnership with Intel).

I say "fake" - specifically because I know of all the apple geeks out there on the net that have fun "designing" apple's products for them.

I think there is even a website dedicated to people's "doctored" images of fantasy iPods..........

amey01 said:
I think there is even a website dedicated to people's "doctored" images of fantasy iPods..........

Not just one website... And not just iPods... Any new Apple products actually.

Back