Re- Break In

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

congers

Reaction score
I have a pair of Aeon I speakers that have been disconnected for about two months due to a flood at home. These speakers are about two years old and have had plenty of use.

Now that we have reclaimed the living room I have set up the speakers and notice that they sound a bit on the bright side. I was wondering if I should let the speakers run for a given period of time before I begin fussing with placement.

Any thoughts from the experts would be appreciated.

Thanks

Mike

congers said:
I have a pair of Aeon I speakers that have been disconnected for about two months due to a flood at home. These speakers are about two years old and have had plenty of use.

Now that we have reclaimed the living room I have set up the speakers and notice that they sound a bit on the bright side. I was wondering if I should let the speakers run for a given period of time before I begin fussing with placement.

Any thoughts from the experts would be appreciated.

Thanks

Mike
Hola Mike...did you check for the right speakers polarity? Sorry to ask this, but it is a possibility. If they still are too bright, then need some floor rugs, or wall treat to absorb high frequency energy. If you push them a little bit toward theirs back wall, will encrease the bass energy. Also check your listening position for bass cancellation coincidence. If this is the case, then you have to change their position in the room for better bass response or move your chair to the best bass response. Your speakers are already broken in so there is no need to wait for to set them in the right position in the room. Hope this can help...happy listening,
Roberto.

I replaced my Quest panels a couple of years ago and they sounded terrible at first but dramatically improved around 30 hours. They really sound great now especially since I bought a Gryphon amp. I would allow between 30 and 100 hours before they are sounded their best

Back