Quantcast

rare, hard to find or no longer want

MartinLogan Owners (MLO)

Help Support MartinLogan Owners (MLO):

Status
Not open for further replies.

SugarMedia

Reaction score
Would be nice to see an area where people can list CD's/Vinyl they are looking for, no longer want or simply looking to trade with another.
Perhaps this could have a time expire feature on it, i.e., 4, 8, 16 weeks.

Last edited:

TomDac

former MLO owner/operator
Staff member
Reaction score
This is already available.. It's called Ebay. :)

Seriously, I don't think this is a good idea.. First of all, there is no time limit or expiration feature in vbulletin that I'm aware of, so someone would have to maintain this new area. Secondly, the classifieds are here on the site and people are posting and reading them. I don't know how many deals are actually made from them, but I would venture to say very few, as the volume of traffic on the site is relatively low.

Feel free to post something for LPs or CDs on the existing classifieds section.

Thanks!

Tom.

SugarMedia

Reaction score
TomDac said:
This is already available.. It's called Ebay. :)

Seriously, I don't think this is a good idea.. First of all, there is no time limit or expiration feature in vbulletin that I'm aware of, so someone would have to maintain this new area. Secondly, the classifieds are here on the site and people are posting and reading them. I don't know how many deals are actually made from them, but I would venture to say very few, as the volume of traffic on the site is relatively low.

Feel free to post something for LPs or CDs on the existing classifieds section.

Thanks!

Tom.
Yeah I forgot about this post and about 2hrs after posting it, i had a change of heart.

taylode

Reaction score
Maybe instead of trying to add all things to this site we could add links to sites that provide the various services. So rather than turn this into something it was never meant to be it could be come a hub for us ML enthuisest to branch out from. Should be a lot less headache to manage too! :D

Peter Hogan

Reaction score
taylode said:
Maybe instead of trying to add all things to this site we could add links to sites that provide the various services. So rather than turn this into something it was never meant to be it could be come a hub for us ML enthuisest to branch out from. Should be a lot less headache to manage too! :D
Hi,
I agree, a links section would be a nice addition. It would keep this site on topic, but allow wider topic browsing, if desired.

Peter

TomDac

former MLO owner/operator
Staff member
Reaction score
There is already a links section....

if you want something added to that section, let me know.

I will not make a new links section.

SugarMedia

Reaction score
TomDac said:
There is already a links section....

if you want something added to that section, let me know.

I will not make a new links section.
Oh come on Tom, give us a new link just like the 'New' amplifier section so only one person can repond and write their review.

Status
Not open for further replies.