quick reQuest question

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

quickk9

Reaction score
I know that I could call Jim Powers about this, but I am hoping that another member can answer this question and save Jim the bother.
I just read the post about the red status light on the Summit's and I am wondering about my reQuests.
It does not appear that the reQuests have the same status light, however, when they are operating, both speakers show a red LED near the bottom of the speaker.
At one point, one of the LEDs did not appear, but when I resecured the power cable, it came back on.
I did not receive a manual with my speakers, so I assumed that they should always be on when the speaker is operating.
Is this normal?

Tom is correct again , as usual!! :D
I believe on the older models like the Requests and earlier what the LED really represents is the presense of power applied to the voltage regulator board. To test this if you are really curious and I would ask why since they are now working again, :)D) is to unplug them for about 10 to 30 minutes and see if the light is gone. I am sure it will be and the panel will be partially discharged.

Glad everything is working now!

Jeff :cool:

We have two pair of ReQuests in our theater; the pair in the rear being a slightly newer version of our front two. Each of my front speakers has at times exhibited what seems like an intermittent LED; the speaker is indeed working but the LED is not lit. We've never figured it out but havent dug too deep, either. The first time it happened I was in a total panic but have since learned to just ignore it.

Tj

Back