Quantcast

Question about moderating

MartinLogan Owners (MLO)

Help Support MartinLogan Owners (MLO):

Kruppy

Reaction score
Tom,
I'm a bit curious why you have the recommended recordings 100% moderated/approved prior to posting? This just seems to be a bit of work for you. I would think that if anything inappropriate is posted, that it could be deleted. I think that there are enough regulars here to alert you to controversial subjects. Wouldn't this make it easier on you?

socialxray

Reaction score
Kruppy can you change your avatar back to Chewie? Your Andy Worhol (?) pic just creeps me out. Anyways Chewbacca is way more Kruppy than Andy Worhol.

Oh yeah...moderating is a lot of work plus the review standards are pretty high. Maybe if we lower the standards there will be more reviews.

Kruppy

Reaction score
Awe man......I got tired of Chewie :rolleyes:

I've been searching on and off for an avatar that's "just right" and I guess I haven't found it yet....Let me see what I can find that might reduce the heebie jeebie factor :cool:.

Oops, I completely forgot on my latest review the requirements for the post.

Not that there's tons of posts in the review area, it just seems tedious for Tom to have to review the post review banter that can go back and forth on top of the day or so delay. I'd just like to see the site be as self sufficient as possible.

TomDac

former MLO owner/operator
Staff member
Reaction score
It's actually easier to moderate stuff than delete it.

Would you like to volunteer to be a moderator for the Recommended Recordings section?:)

twich54

Forum Administrator
Reaction score
The reason he moderates it, is because knuckleheads like me can't seem to follow the guidelines that were set. I'll get right one of these days !!

Kruppy

Reaction score
Hey Tom,

I hope you didn't take my question the wrong way, at least I don't think you did.

As I was submitting my last recommended recording, the question kind of popped into my head.

There are so many posts in the main discussion forum, which has remained civilized with, as far as I know, only a couple instances requiring attention.

In the recommend recording section, frequently there's a volley of posts after the initial review. Each one of course requiring your approval. I just thought it might be easier on you if that wasn't necessary. Either way, it doesn't really bother me. On occasion I'm looking for that instant gradification of being able to see my post up on the site to reread and update if necessary (I never fail to find a mistake).

Need moderators? If you need volunteers let me know. Being married with kids and having no control over anything at home, I could finally rule with an iron fist!

MarkNewbie

Reaction score
Kruppy said:
Hey Tom,

I hope you didn't take my question the wrong way, at least I don't think you did.

As I was submitting my last recommended recording, the question kind of popped into my head.

There are so many posts in the main discussion forum, which has remained civilized with, as far as I know, only a couple instances requiring attention.

In the recommend recording section, frequently there's a volley of posts after the initial review. Each one of course requiring your approval. I just thought it might be easier on you if that wasn't necessary. Either way, it doesn't really bother me. On occasion I'm looking for that instant gradification of being able to see my post up on the site to reread and update if necessary (I never fail to find a mistake).

Need moderators? If you need volunteers let me know. Being married with kids and having no control over anything at home, I could finally rule with an iron fist!

This sounds like the first step in the evolution of a MONSTER! May God help us all.... :eek:

JK Krupster....Have I told you how good you look in shoes?

Joey_V

Reaction score
As Mark said, hand Kruppy the reigns and we will see nothing but the backhand of his IRON FIST. Spare us, Tom! :(

Robin

Reaction score
Kuppy for President...

Joey_V said:
As Mark said, hand Kruppy the reigns and we will see nothing but the backhand of his IRON FIST. Spare us, Tom! :(
Joey,

You never know, Kruppy could become the new moderator... We may need to do some smoosing and kiss-up... :D

Latest posts