Quest Paint problems, help please.

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HK-Steve

Reaction score
Hello Everyone,
I have a great Home Theatre, but my Quest speakers are letting me down.

The paint has gone soft, grey and sticky.
I have searched here, for solutions, but there was no consensus on the best path to take. Cover it, just wipe it clean, sand and repaint.

I can do the work myself, as I have a workshop, spray painting equipment, sanders etc.

Would appreciate your comments on which path I should take.

Much Appreciated

Cheers
Steve

I think this coating issue with the older MLs was discussed a long time ago, so you may be able to find that discussion via the "search" function. If I remember correctly, that coating is toxic, so wear some breathing protection when removing it. I don't see why it couldn't be sanded off and resealed and repainted, but someone with more knowledge on the subject may chime in. By the way, they would look stunning in a piano black finish. Good luck!

I did lots of searching, but got no best way to solve the problem.

I would love a piano finish, but not good for reflection off the screen..

Hi Steve,
this has been discussed before but unfortunately, the search function in the vBulletin software is pretty lame, so use Google to search the site.

That paint is called "Nextel" and it's toxic, so be careful with it.

Do a google search for "martin logan nextel" and you'll find tons of info here on the MLO site about it.

Back