Prodigy won't turn off automatically

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

18000rpm

Reaction score
One of my Prodigy speakers always has the blue light lit, even if there is no audio signal (amplifier off). The other one works fine (turns on when there is a signal, then turns off after a period of time with no signal).

Anyone know what could cause that?

I've got a pair and luckily mine are ok. One option for you is to just turn off the lights completely. You can also try switching it off and then back on, and then see if it turns off later.

Same thing happened with one of my Vista speakers about 6 years ago. It turned out that the amp had capacitors going bad. Sent the Krell in for new caps, problem solved.

The speaker was reacting earlier than I could hear a hissing sound. By the time the hissing sound was audible (while the amp was in standby mode so no sound "should" have been going to the speaker) it was still very faint and could only be heard when the room was quiet.

Just for kicks, try swapping the amp channels and see if the sticky light stays with the speaker or follows the amp channel.

edit: Try just disconnecting the offending speaker from its amp. Don't know why that didn't occur to me first.

Last edited:
On MLs of those years ~2000, the LED is on when the HV supply is on, so something is tripping the Music Sensor and keeping yours turned on, or the Music Sensor is not working correctly and the speaker is staying on indefinitely. There are a handful of electrolytic caps on that PS board, some of which are always energized and others that are part of the Music Sensor, so it might be time to swap all the electrolytic caps.

Is there an option to use a 12v trigger instead of the music sensor circuitry? Changing caps sounds like a good suggestion as well.

Back