Prodigy Panel replacement....

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

thepogue

Reaction score
Hey all...long time member/ML owner here but I've been out of the loop as I've been working in Korea for the last 5 years. I'm heading home soon (VA/NC area) and have a panel issue w/one of my Prodiy's....no physical damage but a loss of panel volume of about 60%. It's been a long time coming (did the washing which helped to some degree for a few years) but now its really time to replace. I did try the search above to find some info in a thread but nothing jumped out. BTW I am replacing both panels to start a anew and I'll keep the better of the two as a back up.

So here's the down and dirty -

1) How much will it cost?

2) Who sells them?

3) And has anyone seen this guys work or have any feedback or thoughts. I understand he'll repair for around 1k (per pair) and guarantees them for 7 years?

http://reromanus.net/loudspeaker-repair-service/Martin Logan.htm

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JWmzIHhv4uY

Any thought on the above would be awesome!

Hi, saw you replaced your panels. I have Odyssey (one step down from your Prodigy). I have experienced same problem. But it seems to be only at mid-range frequency. Was thinking I need to replace panels. Would be great if could find out where/how you replaced the panels. Thanks!

Call or email ML customer service. I replaced my Prodigy panels around 1.5 years ago....$2640 for a brand new set; best investment I’ve ever made....

Recommend also checking with Shawn at DaVinci Media about panels and possible discount. He has been a great resource on this site. Right now there is a 3 month wait for panels from ML.

Call or email ML customer service. I replaced my Prodigy panels around 1.5 years ago....$2640 for a brand new set; best investment I’ve ever made....
They are making mine now, think the cost is $2850 now. That includes shipping too. They don't bill you until they are ready to ship.

Thanks all for the input. Very helpful. Though, I did have to sit down once I saw the price tag! 🙃

Make sure you ask them for stat stops to install when doing the replacement.
Please clarify what are 'stat stops'. ML is building my replacement reQuest panels.

They are brackets provided free from ML that stop the stat panel from sliding down over time. They are a must have...and no better time to install them..

Please clarify what are 'stat stops'. ML is building my replacement reQuest panels.
Its an L shaped metal bracket that has holes in it. When you screw in the panel, it is attached at the bottom to block it from sliding down. They worked for me. Not hard to put on either. Hardest part is lining up the hole so the screw runs through it.

Its an L shaped metal bracket that has holes in it. When you screw in the panel, it is attached at the bottom to block it from sliding down. They worked for me. Not hard to put on either. Hardest part is lining up the hole so the screw runs through it.
I had to modify mine a bit in order to get them to fit correctly...a little dremel work, no big deal

I did a bit of online searching and came across a 3rd party provider who supposedly repairs/refurbs ESL panels. Following is the website:

http://eslrepair.com/index.html
Does anyone on forum have any experience with this or other potential 3rd party providers? Thanks!

I did a bit of online searching and came across a 3rd party provider who supposedly repairs/refurbs ESL panels. Following is the website:

Does anyone on forum have any experience with this or other potential 3rd party providers? Thanks!
why don’t u just have martin logan do ur panels and forget it at least u will know they are done right and besides where are u going to buy a speaker of that quality today! that is one hell of a speaker!

why don’t u just have martin logan do ur panels and forget it at least u will know they are done right and besides where are u going to buy a speaker of that quality today! that is one hell of a speaker!
if u had a Porsche would u take it to a chevrolet dealer for repair!

I tried using Russ with my Prodigy speakers and it did not work out. If you want to refurbish Prodigy panels I recommend you just have ML build you new ones. I spent 3 months waiting and 7 hours driving trying to have mine refurbished. I found out that because the stat panels are attached with so much double sided tape, its not really possible to separate them without damaging the mylar film. Russ warned me about the danger. I just had him mail the old ones back to me.

Sounds like lot of wait/work without the result working with Russ. He seems to be pretty upfront. OK, good data point to have. Thanks.

Sounds like lot of wait/work without the result working with Russ. He seems to be pretty upfront. OK, good data point to have. Thanks.
He is a straight shooter and a good guy. He said the panels made before 2000 didn't have so much double sided tape holding them together and those are the ones he has mostly serviced. You can look at your panels and see the strips of tape running across. It was something that he didn't have me consider before I brought the panels to him.

So, when were your's produced? Pre 2000? Look at the panels to see how much of the tape is in there. Russ may be able to help you since you don't have Prodigy panels.

Back