Prodigy front woofers repair

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

18000rpm

Reaction score
There are a few threads on this site about Prodigy front woofers failing, and most owners replaced the woofers. Here are the original front woofers:

1674624001495.png

These are no longer available and ML recommends these as replacements, which have the same dimensions although slightly different specs Scanspeak Classic 25W/8565-00, 10" Woofer

Both of my front woofers recently failed and I took them to a speaker repair shop and they replaced the voice coil, similar to this video

Cost me about $60 each and seem work as good as before.

Before repair:
1674624193299.png

After repair (doesn't look the best but works fine):
1674624220477.png

I too, had both of my woofers repaired and they also work great. Seems to me that if you replaced the woofers with an off the shelf driver, it wouldn't be the same.

There are a few threads on this site about Prodigy front woofers failing, and most owners replaced the woofers. Here are the original front woofers:

View attachment 23807

These are no longer available and ML recommends these as replacements, which have the same dimensions although slightly different specs Scanspeak Classic 25W/8565-00, 10" Woofer

Both of my front woofers recently failed and I took them to a speaker repair shop and they replaced the voice coil, similar to this video

Cost me about $60 each and seem work as good as before.

Before repair:
View attachment 23808

After repair (doesn't look the best but works fine):
View attachment 23809

Does ML specify Thiele-Small parameters for a replacement?

Latest posts

Back