• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Martin Logan Owners and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

For Sale Prodigy (and more) for sale

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rush2112

Reaction score
I have a pair of Black w/ silver trim Prodigy's. Excellent condition. They are located in Northern Virgina. I would prefer local pick up but would also ship. I have no idea how to price them. So, if interested please send reasonable offer(s) and if it would be pick up or ship.

also have;
Theater
Stage X
Script

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    107.4 KB · Views: 0
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    107.1 KB · Views: 0
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    104.1 KB · Views: 0
  • 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    135.7 KB · Views: 0
  • 5.jpg
    5.jpg
    86.7 KB · Views: 0
  • 6.jpg
    6.jpg
    69.2 KB · Views: 0
  • 7.jpg
    7.jpg
    61 KB · Views: 0
  • 8.jpg
    8.jpg
    245.1 KB · Views: 0
  • 9.jpg
    9.jpg
    54.8 KB · Views: 0
Good luck with the sale. Price?

If possible, please post the panel serial tag numbers. That would show the age of the panels and if they have been replace.
Thanks
Wayne
Yes, keep in mind that there is a serial number on the speaker cabinet too, and that is different from whats on the panels. On my Prodigy panels I want to say that the serial number was on the bottom of the inside of the panel.

the woofers are PELI088 and 89. I will have to check the panels but i pretty certain they were not rebuilt

the woofers are PELI088 and 89. I will have to check the panels but i pretty certain they were not rebuilt
Thanks for providing that information. It looks like the speakers were the 88th and 89th units built in September of 2000. If you are sure the panels have not been replaced, that would put them right at 22 years old if I converted the serial number correctly.
Much appreciated,
Wayne

Update on items for sales. The Script, Theater, and Stage X have all sold. Prodigy's are still available. Accepting offers for them. As mentioned, local pickup (Lorton, VA) is preferred. thx!

I bought my Prodigy speakers from a place about 2 hours from my home. I was able to just lay them in the back of our Volvo XC 60 and still had room for the theater i in the front seat. Not too hard to transport if local. I didn't even take off the panels.

I bought my Prodigy speakers from a place about 2 hours from my home. I was able to just lay them in the back of our Volvo XC 60 and still had room for the theater i in the front seat. Not too hard to transport if local. I didn't even take off the panels.
Agreed Robert. These are located a couple hours away and I am sure they can safely be brought home in my Grand Cherokee. Panel age is concerning though. My SL3's had to have the panels replaced about 4 years ago and they were produced in 1998.
Thanks
Wayne

Agreed Robert. These are located a couple hours away and I am sure they can safely be brought home in my Grand Cherokee. Panel age is concerning though. My SL3's had to have the panels replaced about 4 years ago and they were produced in 1998.
Thanks
Wayne
I got new panels back a year or two ago. They were $2800 if I remember right. That might have even included shipping, I cant remember. Ive not replaced any other parts in them and they sound great with the new panels. Mine were produced in the year 2000 according to the serial number. Mine were one owner before me.

Thanks
Wayne
If youre worried about the size of the speakers, look up the cargo space in the back of a 2010 Volvo XC60. Thats what I put them in. Compare the dimensions to your Cherokee. I of course had the seats down. If you want, you can take off the panels.

To get the panels off, there is a series of about 6 screws or more on each side of the frame that hold the plastic panel frame to the wood. First place the speaker on its back, unplug the wiring harness toward the bottom and then take off the screws. Martin Logan can provide you instructions. Email them.

If youre worried about the size of the speakers, look up the cargo space in the back of a 2010 Volvo XC60. Thats what I put them in. Compare the dimensions to your Cherokee. I of course had the seats down. If you want, you can take off the panels.

To get the panels off, there is a series of about 6 screws or more on each side of the frame that hold the plastic panel frame to the wood. First place the speaker on its back, unplug the wiring harness toward the bottom and then take off the screws. Martin Logan can provide you instructions. Email them.
Good information. Thanks Robert.

Daryl,
The speakers are in the house and set up.:)
Lori is sending the box with the woofer grills and such. Wow, those are some large boxes!
Thanks!
Wayne
How do the old panels sound? Mine were muffled some and missing output in the higher frequencies. My receiver had to be maxed out on the gain level in settings to get the output high enough. I also had to use Audyssey on them so that the lower frequencies were cut down and highs were boosted. They sounded good after doing that. Once I replaced the panels thet sounded much better. You've done that with your other ML speakers it seems.

I have only done a brief preliminary listen at lowish volume, but sound was balanced quite detailed between the base and the mid/highs.
I need to work on placement and tweaking to really know, but they sound very good to me with the limited audition.
I did verify the panels are original. I need to get the panel stops from Martin Logan and put them on. They have both slipped a small amount.
I ended up taking 2 vehicles to pick them up so I could keep the original boxes. BIG boxes for sure!o_O
Much appreciated,
Wayne

I have only done a brief preliminary listen at lowish volume, but sound was balanced quite detailed between the base and the mid/highs.
I need to work on placement and tweaking to really know, but they sound very good to me with the limited audition.
I did verify the panels are original. I need to get the panel stops from Martin Logan and put them on. They have both slipped a small amount.
I ended up taking 2 vehicles to pick them up so I could keep the original boxes. BIG boxes for sure!o_O
Much appreciated,
Wayne
Thats great you have the boxes. Im not sure if my speakers had them or not. The previous owner passed away, so he wasnt around to make sure I got them. Im willing to bet that there were boxes somewhere. Most of us keep that stuff.

Be sure to listen to them without using any DSP on them. Mine sounded good and normal with DSP turned on, just a bit weak in the bass. Another big sign was how high the level was set when I ran Audyssey on them. When I turned off Audyssey the speakers sounded pretty bad. It seems your panels are better off. Thats good. The atmosphere the speakers are in must make a big difference. Maybe your speakers werent used as much either? Some guys on here get speakers that were in storage a long time and it seems like the panels dont age much at all.

Thats great you have the boxes. Im not sure if my speakers had them or not. The previous owner passed away, so he wasnt around to make sure I got them. Im willing to bet that there were boxes somewhere. Most of us keep that stuff.

Be sure to listen to them without using any DSP on them. Mine sounded good and normal with DSP turned on, just a bit weak in the bass. Another big sign was how high the level was set when I ran Audyssey on them. When I turned off Audyssey the speakers sounded pretty bad. It seems your panels are better off. Thats good. The atmosphere the speakers are in must make a big difference. Maybe your speakers werent used as much either? Some guys on here get speakers that were in storage a long time and it seems like the panels dont age much at all.
Robert,
I think you hit on some good points. I am not sure of what causes the differences, but my 1998 SL3s needed replacement panels in 2015 but I
listened to a pair of Quests with original panels that still sounded very good a year ago. I hope these panels still have a few years in them before
they need to be replaced. :)
Much appreciated,
Wayne

Back