Problem with my Depth sub (electrical)

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
N

nquizitor

I just purchased a used Depth sub from Audiogon. When I first got it, I hooked it up to my existing system. I have a new set up coming but don't have it all yet. The sub worked fine. Then several days later I noticed that there was no sound coming out. I checked the fuse and it was blown. I don't remember doing anything that would have taxed it at all, so I'm not sure how it blew. Anyway, the sub will not work after replacing the fuse and changing the power cord. I'm new to ML and higher end A/V sytems in general. Does anyone have any ideas? It seems like it is something internal. I hadn't moved it between setting it up and it not working. If anyone can help me out I would appreciate it.

ML Dept subwoofer

nquizitor,

Welcome to the ML Club! :) :D

If I may ask, did you have the Dept plugged into a power conditioner or a surge protector at the time the fuse blew? If so, what brand and model was the power conditioner or surge protector? Also, what kind of processor is your Dept connected to? What kind of suwoofer speaker cabling are you using, from your processor, to your Dept?

Cheers

-Robin

Depth sub

Hi Robin:

It was connected to a Spike Master surge protector and a Denon TX-SR600 receiver using a basic LFE cable. Not what I intend to hook it up to but I wanted to make sure it worked out of the box. Should I not have hooked it up to my existing system like that? Thanks for your help! :)

nquizitor,
Welcome :D
It sounds like internal power supply. I would contact Jim Power at ML. He can be reached by phone or email. He is extremely helpful and very honest and should be able to tell you what you need to do to get you back on your feet.

Good Luck and keep us informed

Jeff :cool:

Thanks Jeff. I will give him a call. Would the warranty still be in place even though I am not the original owner?

Jeff Zaret said:
nquizitor,
Welcome :D
It sounds like internal power supply. I would contact Jim Power at ML. He can be reached by phone or email. He is extremely helpful and very honest and should be able to tell you what you need to do to get you back on your feet.

Good Luck and keep us informed

Jeff :cool:

nquizitor,

I concurr with Jeff assessment and recommendation. That would be my advice, as well. Yes, Jim Power at ML, is the best.

let us know how it goes :)

Cheers

-Robin

Depth sub

Thanks for your help everyone! I'm looking forward to being a part of this MartinLogan community. I called Jim Power and he said that he thought it was some type of elctrical problem with the back panel. He was very helpful. Too bad it's not under warranty ;) Again thanks for the help. I will update with the exact problem if anyone wants to know.

Jeff

Back