Problem with Martin Logan Odyssey.

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

paolo25

Reaction score
I have noticed that when listening to acoustic tracks some sounds, such as guitar pizzicato, are reproduced as distorted and / or compressed. It seems that some sounds reproduced in a certain mid frequency range are not reproduced in all its texture and body, but come out as distorted. What can it depend on?

Greetings

Hiya

Could you describe your system a bit (components, source, amps, etc.)?

My system is:
Integrator ampliefer Cambridge Audio Edge A, cd Player Audio Research CD 3 alternator with a Music Server Rose RS150.

I have not made tests with different sources to verify the presence of the aforementioned distortion / sizzle on certain sounds. The distance to the rear wall is 69 inches. I was advised by Martin Logan to try vacuuming the panel. A friend of mine thinks the panels have loosened and need to be re-tensioned. For now, I'll do as Martin Logan suggests.
However, the problem is found only with careful listening and with certain pieces and instruments.

I had a similar issue with my ESL 13a speakers. It only happened with some music and/or recordings.

At first I thought it was an issue with the speakers, but then I borrowed my neighbour's speakers and still the same issue.

It turned out that it was something in the room resonating at about 200 Hz.

I fixed it by using some isolation pads under the speaker's feet. Problem gone, although I still don't
know what in the room was vibrating.

Latest posts

Back