Problem with Martin Logan Odyssey.

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

paolo25

Reaction score
I have noticed that when listening to acoustic tracks some sounds, such as guitar pizzicato, are reproduced as distorted and / or compressed. It seems that some sounds reproduced in a certain mid frequency range are not reproduced in all its texture and body, but come out as distorted. What can it depend on?

Greetings

Russr

Reaction score
Hiya

Could you describe your system a bit (components, source, amps, etc.)?

paolo25

Reaction score
My system is:
Integrator ampliefer Cambridge Audio Edge A, cd Player Audio Research CD 3 alternator with a Music Server Rose RS150.

Russr

Reaction score
Are you able to reproduce the distortion from different sources?

paolo25

Reaction score
I have not made tests with different sources to verify the presence of the aforementioned distortion / sizzle on certain sounds. The distance to the rear wall is 69 inches. I was advised by Martin Logan to try vacuuming the panel. A friend of mine thinks the panels have loosened and need to be re-tensioned. For now, I'll do as Martin Logan suggests.
However, the problem is found only with careful listening and with certain pieces and instruments.

rpokuls

Reaction score
I had a similar issue with my ESL 13a speakers. It only happened with some music and/or recordings.

At first I thought it was an issue with the speakers, but then I borrowed my neighbour's speakers and still the same issue.

It turned out that it was something in the room resonating at about 200 Hz.

I fixed it by using some isolation pads under the speaker's feet. Problem gone, although I still don't
know what in the room was vibrating.