PRESS RELEASE - New ML "Feature" Loudspeaker.

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TomDac

former MLO owner/operator
Reaction score
MartinLogan’s Innovative New “Feature” Loudspeaker Uses Built In Amplifier to Reduce Wire Clutter

Available: November 2008
US Retail Price: $1,695/each

Lawrence, Kansas, October 31, 2008—MartinLogan is proud to announce the new “Feature” loudspeaker, a fully powered, high-resolution, electrostatic loudspeaker designed for use either on- or off-wall in center, front, or surround channel applications.

Internally powered with a high-resolution 150 watt switching amplifier the Feature allows an unprecedented level of system connection flexibility. A standard RCA line-level input minimizes wire clutter by connecting directly to on-wall televisions (and other devices) without the need for external amplifiers.

Additionally, standard speaker-level connections allow the fully powered Feature to integrate with audio systems where RCA connection is not possible. Consumers choosing to use the Feature with a traditional receiver will experience an enhanced sonic experience without the need to upgrade to a more expensive model.

A highly-sophisticated Vojtko™ crossover seamlessly blends the Feature’s state-of-the-art electrostatic transducer, neodymium soft-dome tweeter, dual low-distortion 5.25-inch woofers, and 150 watt amplifier to provide crisp, clear, MartinLogan sound across the entire frequency range.

For those seeking an ultimate performance, clutter-free home theater experience Feature perfectly matches MartinLogan’s fully powered Purity floor standing electrostatic loudspeaker and full line of low-distortion subwoofers.

“MartinLogan’s new fully powered loudspeakers really simplify home theater while still providing award-winning MartinLogan sound. They are a perfect match for the new generation of televisions and DVD players equipped with built-in surround sound decoding and volume control,” said Devin Zell, MartinLogan Assistant Marketing Manager.

About MartinLogan
MartinLogan, one of the most respected names in audio, is located in Lawrence, Kansas, where 80 employees handcraft the company's ultimate loudspeaker products. The speaker systems, incorporating MartinLogan's patented CLS™ (Curvilinear Line Source) high-resolution electrostatic technology and ATF™ (Advanced Thin Film) transducers, range in price from $299 to $30,000 (US Retail). The subwoofer systems range in price from $649 to $3,495 (US Retail).

Attachments

• Feature_Lifestyle (Medium).jpg
    Feature_Lifestyle (Medium).jpg
    48.3 KB · Views: 488
  • Feature_Front_3Quarter (Medium).jpg
    Feature_Front_3Quarter (Medium).jpg
    39.8 KB · Views: 489
  • Feature_Control_Panel_Detail (Medium).jpg
    Feature_Control_Panel_Detail (Medium).jpg
    52.3 KB · Views: 480
Right,

But this guy has a built in amplifier. I was thinking that the built in amp, the fact that the center channel does the lion's share of work in a home theatre application, and the chance that some owners will choose to place this in a less-than perfectly ventilated cabinet might make for a hot situation.

The Purities, Vantages, Summits, and Spires also have built in amps, and you probably shouldn't be placing your speaker in a cabinet for acoustic reasons.

Purity/Feature connections

My first post, please be gentle. Just purchased Purities and Denon 2809 from best buy. What Denon pre out to Purity connection do you suggest? Reason I ask such a simple question is because some rca connects are coax others are not. Does it make a difference? I have both a Grotto and Dynamo. Suggestions on which in a 13x18x8 carpeted bedroom?

Also, am considering a center, either Matinee or Feature. ML site says the Matinee is 25# and the Feature 20#. Add an amp lose weight. My kind of diet. Anyway, I am leaning towards Feature because of the powered, similar type of amp issue. Suggestions please. Do not have the $ now to purchase, so will run using the Purities and sub and Def Tech surrounds for a while.

Origionally owned CLS's 25 years ago. Sold because hard to place a door inside. Too many compromises for our house. Loved them, however, hope I get as much pleasure from the Purities system.

Last edited:
Back