Preliminary Detail for ML Club get-together

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

TomDac

former MLO owner/operator
Reaction score
Hi all,

Here's some more information to help us decide how we want to plan a group event.

ML corp is closed on the weekends, so it looks like a Monday tour would be the only feasible option. This means members could spend the weekend with each other in Lawrence, hanging out, getting to know each other, etc. and then heading to MartinLogan for a tour on Monday.

Lawrence is a big college town (University of Kansas Jayhawks) and there is alot of nightlife. I've been told that there are several good Jazz clubs too, which would be great fun.

I've approached the Eldridge Hotel about hosting us and providing us with a space to host a c0cktail party or buffett. I'll get pricing on that as well as group room rates as soon as I hear something.

Devin @ ML says they're remodeling their corporate offices and will have a new dedicated listening room up and running early next year. His words after this were as follows: "Can you say CLX demo?" :D

We also will get to meet the entire ML staff including the management team, assembly team, some of the sales team, product development team and basically anyone else who is there on that day.

That's it for now. I'll post more on here later.

Tom.

Last edited:
Eldridge Hotel Info.

Hi Guys,

here's info on the Eldridge Hotel. It's very nice, but seems kinda over the top expensive for Kansas.. That's just my opinion.

Attachments

• SleepingRoomNarrativeDescriptions2007 Rates.doc
    41.5 KB · Views: 234
  • Business Gatherings Catering Guide (Updated 8-1-06).pdf
    379.6 KB · Views: 228
Last edited:
More Preliminary Detail

1st Annual MartinLogan Club National Get-Together!

When: June 23 - 25th 2007
Where: Lawrence, Kansas USA (home of MartinLogan)

Accomodations (pending):
Holiday Inn/Holidome
200 McDonald Drive
Lawrence, KS
We'll get more information on the hotel rates, etc. next week, but it looks like it will be under 100 dollars per night.

Schedule (this is a work in progress)
Saturday
Meet & Greet c0cktail Party & CD Swap (more info on this later)

Sunday
We're looking into a couple of structured events followed by a banquet. More details as these plans solidify.

Monday
Tour of MartinLogan Factory.

We will be requiring a registration fee for this event to pay for the banquet, etc and once all the details are ironed out, we'll have formal registration form on the site with payment information and options, etc.

- The Get Together Comittee (Tim, Dave & Tom)

More Details

More Details on the 2007 Get Together

REGISTRATION COMING SOON!

June 23 – 25, 2007

Holiday Inn Holidome & Convention Center
200 McDonald Drive
Lawrence, KS 66044

Special Room Rate: 89.00 per night

Because we wanted a structured event, we will be requiring a per person registration fee for the event. We are working to determine what this fee will be and will let you all know what it is ASAP.

This registration fee includes the following:

Welcome Packet
Name Badge
Conference Agenda
Current Martin Logan literature
Some vendor schwag (still working on this)
Commemorative T-shirt
Other goodies…

Saturday Meet and Greet C0cktail Party
5 – 8 PM in one of the hotel’s private ballrooms
Cash Bar with Hors D’oeuvres
CD exchange – Everyone bring a CD to exchange with another member.

Sunday Dinner
6 – 10PM in one of the hotel’s private ballrooms
Choice of 3 entrees (choices are pending) which are served with coffee, iced tea, house salad with assorted dressings, dinner rolls and assorted desserts.
Cash Bar

Monday
MartinLogan Corporation tour! We’ll all head over and check it out, listen to the new CLX and anything else they have!

Also…
On Saturday, we are tentatively planning a trip to Acoustic Sounds in Salina, KS, which is a 2 hour drive.. More details to follow. Check out their website for a feel of who they are, etc. http://www.acousticsounds.com

- MartinLogan Club Get Together Committee (MiTT, twich54 and TomDac)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back