Posting Pictures

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

LaserMark4

Reaction score
Sorry if this a dumb question, but how do you post all the great pictures that appear in the various threads and member systems? I have uploaded attachments using the "Manage Attachments" button, but when I preview the post before posting, the picture does not appear in the preview (I assume it appears as a click-on file link at the bottom of the thread, yes?). Do the file attachments automatically appear as pictures when they actually post? How do you position them in the body of the message?

I've also tried using the [URL file URL] "insert image" button, but this seems like it only creates a hot file link that one clicks on instead of pasting an acutal picture in the body of the post.

Can anyone enlighten me on how to "paste" a picture to visibly show in typical post?

Jeff Zaret

Reaction score
LaserMark,
I too had thee same problem for awhile. Make sure you pics are not tool large.
This seems to be the most common problem. Also, I would make sure your pics are probagbly in a jpg format since it is smaller tha bmp by 10 fold at times.

Jeff :cool:

Statman

Reaction score
You can also use a hosting site such as image shack to do it for you. You select the picture from the site ctrl+c on the site bring it to this site and hit ctrl+v and voila. On image shack it will ask you if you want to resize the picture for forums. For example here's a picture from my stored image shack pictures.

twich54

Forum Administrator
Reaction score
Jeff Zaret said:
LaserMark,
I too had thee same problem for awhile. Make sure you pics are not tool large.
This seems to be the most common problem. Also, I would make sure your pics are probagbly in a jpg format since it is smaller tha bmp by 10 fold at times.

The "NEW" Jeff Avatar, up close and personal !!!! You know for guy over 50 youv'e held up pretty good !!!!

Jeff Zaret

Reaction score
Dave,
Thanks
It is about 9 months old. The other one was at least 3 or 4 years ago. I didn't think anyone would notice.
:eek:

LaserMark4

Reaction score
Figured it Out...Just Need to Perfect Now--

Statman said:
You can also use a hosting site such as image shack to do it for you. You select the picture from the site ctrl+c on the site bring it to this site and hit ctrl+v and voila. On image shack it will ask you if you want to resize the picture for forums. For example here's a picture from my stored image shack pictures.
Hey thanks-- the captured text I was using from another graphic storage site was not working for some reason, but I tried your ImageShack site and voila! Now I just need to figure out how to size and get the right proportions on the page, etc.

Thanks again-- that cleared it up.