Positive spin vs kharma

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wipper snapper

Reaction score
My Summits have both had the panel pc boards replaced and were waiting on new stators to be delivered this week. Well last night they both quit altogether; one still has the small power indicating light lit. Woukd it be unreasonable to ask for a new pair at this point?

Thanks for listening :(

Major Bummer, assuming none of these issues were of your doing hopefully your dealer has the relationship with M/L to make it happen for you.

Let us know

wipper snapper said:
Would it be unreasonable to ask for a new pair at this point?
Ask away, the worse thing they could do is say no, right?

You are saying that you have had no electrical spikes, power failures, lightning strikes or grounding problems which could ruin another pair?

I'm assuming the store service department installed the panel pc boards and will be doing the panel replacement. Do you trust them to do a good job?

I'm pretty sure it's nothing we're doing here. There's a pair of Klipsch KSP4s that have been in the house for 6 years now. About the same time we got the Summits we also added a pair of Nola Vipers to the housewhole. The service from Sound Advice has been eceptional to date. We've had the salesman and field installation supervisor consulting with M/L on the various repairs. Now in fairness to M/L the speakers quit when the power flickered last evening, all of the other electronics still work just not the Summits.
I'm also getting a good ribbing from my daughter and son-in-law about "Saga of The Summits". At this point I'm gonna make these things work if I have to spend her inheritence.;)

Regards
Adrian

Last edited:
wipper snapper said:
... Now in fairness to M/L the speakers quit when the power flickered last evening, all of the other electronics still work just not the Summits.

Regards
Adrian

Sounds like you need to invest in some kind of a power protection and conditioning system.

My personal suggestion would be a 3Kva Equitech balanced power conditioner.

Plug your sources, amps, pre-amp and speakers into this and say goodbye to any power related issues forever.

On my 5Kva rig, I've never had an issue, there can be brown-outs and the system just keeps cruising along as if nothing happened. The big front projector doesn't even dim.

Actually that was to be the next investment. Replace the Monster and Minuteman gear. Thanks for the product recommendation though. I've ran new dedicated circuits for the amps and such but the Summits where just plugged into the wall outlet where the Klipschs were for five years.

Regards
Adrian

Back