Positive Feedback Awards for 2006

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
$12k CD Player?

Holy cow I am totally out of my league ...

Well there are actually quite a few $12-15K CD/SACD players out there. The really statospheric stuff goes well beyond that. A top of the line Esoteric, Zanden or DCS setup will easily get you into $35-$45K territory.

It's all relative though right? If you had enough money to realistically consider such a purchase, you might actually make it. If you had enough money to consider test driving a Bugatti Veyron you might logically and rationally plunk down the cool $1 million that is the price of admission. No one can make you buy it, but you shouldn't be chastised because you can either.

Personally, I am glad that such equipment exists if for no other reason than to challenge the notion of what is possible. From that sort of product development springs forth the commercialization and cost reduction that will allow those of us less well healed to afford the benefits of lofty goals realized.

Positive Feedback

DTB300- Good afternoon. I went to that site and found an interconnect that looks pretty good for the money and wondered if you had ever heard anyones review or real world experience with the Audio Art IC3 interconnect? I thought I remembered you liked the DH Labs products.
By the way the Samsung DVD recorder that they picked has one of the worst reliablitiy ratings I have seen. Hope someone checks it out before purchasing.
What are you presently using in your system for interconnects?
Thanks in advance for your reply

DTB300- Good afternoon. I went to that site and found an interconnect that looks pretty good for the money and wondered if you had ever heard anyones review or real world experience with the Audio Art IC3 interconnect? I thought I remembered you liked the DH Labs products.

Audioraptured,

I saw the Audio Art in the awards and the reference to the developer and DH Labs. No, I have not heard the Audio Art, but sounds like something to check out based on prices and the glowing review and award from PR. Yes, I do like the DH Lab products, and I still use them on my HT side of things - start with BL II, then swtiched to Air Matrix. The DH Lab Revelation, so far, is the only silver cable I have heard that I like.

What are you presently using in your system for interconnects?
I have all JPS Lab cables in my two channel setup from source to speaker. Trouble is, they are too high priced brand new IMO, so I have purchase almost all of mine used, except the speaker cable. I was able to get a great trade-in deal on my previous speaker cable for some JPS.

I have been very happy with the JPS Labs and the way they interact with my setup. But we each have our own preferences and tastes, so each person needs to try out different cables in their setup to see what they like, do not like, or for that matter see if cables make a difference or not.

Dan

Last edited:
Back