Please recommend Amp/Pro for Ascent-i

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
K

kamran

Hi
I am new to this forum and new to Electrostatic speakers. I just bought a pair of Ascent-i used-mint. I am building a home theater slowely and want recommendation on a quality amp/pro combination. My room size is 14x23x14. I am thinking of getting Rotel RMB-1075 amp with RSP-1068 processor. The amp output is 200Watts at 4 Ohms. I can get this combination for $2500. Would this be suitable for a home theater built around Ascent-i?

If not, what would you recommend without breaking the bank. I am willing to consider used-mint condition equipment as well but the price for Amp/Pro cannot exceed $3000.

Thanks
Kamran

Check out Scumurculum's thread below, he asked basically the same thing for his Aeon i's. I'm sure others can chime in with their thoughts on other proccesor possibilities. I do think that Rotel offers a very good price - performance package.

It appears that there isn't a popular choice of amp on the some of the threads I checked. It makes it very difficult to listen more than two amps side by side.

did I miss something or there are no popular amps for Ascent-i category of ML speakers.

You didn't REALLY think you'd get an "audiophile" consensus did you? ;)

Some of us on the board are quite happy with Sunfire amps (with or without a Sunfire Pre/Pro).

Like I said a tough one to really answer. There are many here who like Sunfire but that is only one of many great choices and if you look at the used pieces there may be even more to choose from. I would take it slow and start to compare one by one until you find something within your budget and likes

Jeff :cool:

Latest posts

Back