planning a new, but used system

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

this4uk

Reaction score
I am new to this site and have been away from high end audio for almost 20 years. My life in a wheelchair combined with a small home made a good system very difficult. Meeting my wife to be has led to a new home and fairly large room that's just right for a good system. I have accumulated a system that will soon be installed and had to do it on a small budget. I would welcome feedback to make my system work at it's maximum ability. Here is what I have acquired:
Rotel RSP 1098
Rotel RMB 1095
ROTEL RDV 1080
5 Martin Logan Fresco
2 HSU Research VTF1 mk3
TCL 4K 55 inch TV

Last edited:
I am new to this site and have been away from high end audio for almost 20 years. My life in a wheelchair combined with a small home made a good system very difficult. Meeting my wife to be has led to a new home and fairly large room that's just right for a good system. I have accumulated a system that will soon be installed and had to do it on a small budget. I would welcome feedback to make my system work at it's maximum ability. Here is what I have acquired:
Rotel RSP 1098
Rotel RMB 1095
ROTEL RDV 1080
5 Martin Logan Fresco
2 HSU Research VTF1 mk3
TCL 4K 55 inch TV

Hi This. So you say 'a new used system'. Are you planning on replacing what you have? Are you looking for home theater or multi channel advice? Or do you want a killer stereo system? Given all of this - and if you are looking at changing things - what is your price point and what in your system now would you like to improve?

I acquired this setup used, except the HSU subs and TV. I have past experience and great results with HSU research. I have no experience with Martin Logan. I am hoping to get some advice on tweaks, placement, or anything helpful regarding the ML Fresco. This is the system I'm going with for now. February is my installation month. The Fresco will be wall mounted to save floor space for me and my wheelchair.

I acquired this setup used, except the HSU subs and TV. I have past experience and great results with HSU research. I have no experience with Martin Logan. I am hoping to get some advice on tweaks, placement, or anything helpful regarding the ML Fresco. This is the system I'm going with for now. February is my installation month. The Fresco will be wall mounted to save floor space for me and my wheelchair.

Well others can chime in.

Is this a dedicated room? What are the dimensions? Where is the tv going? See since you have settled in on the equipment the only thing to do is maximize what you have. To me - that would be by making the room acoustically the best it can be by considering room treatments. I have ordered from gik acoustics as have many others. But until you have things in the room to see how it sounds...I think it would be tough to know what you need

I have no experience w the fresco.

Welcome to the site. Not really sure there is much advice to be given. Most regular posters here use (or have used in the past) Martin Logan’s electrostatic panel speakers, which is their high end line. The fresco’s are really more of a home theater speaker, although a very nice one. Where you mount them on the wall will really just depend on your room, your tv, and your seating arrangement. How good your sound is will probably mostly depend on where and how you set up your subs, which again will depend on your room. As timm mentioned, acoustic treatments can help solve a lot of issues created by the room, particularly in regards to the bass.

Well others can chime in.

Is this a dedicated room? What are the dimensions? Where is the tv going? See since you have settled in on the equipment the only thing to do is maximize what you have. To me - that would be by making the room acoustically the best it can be by considering room treatments. I have ordered from gik acoustics as have many others. But until you have things in the room to see how it sounds...I think it would be tough to know what you need

I have no experience w the fresco.
It has been some time since I posted looking for advice. I can now pass some info to a possible Fresco owner. First off, they need a little tweaking and experimenting. I can now, after room conditioning, say, for sure, the Fresco speakers are fabulous. True Martin Logan quality. My HSU-ULS15 mk2 woofers are a beast. My Rotel equipment shines, too. The RSP-1098 is so sweet. I now running a Denon dp 47f turntable. It's been fun. Satisfying

Last edited:
Glad to hear that you've found sonic bliss, enjoy !

I'm curious if anyone has feedback on the Frescos Vs the Motion series. I'm running 3 Frescos for LRC . LR are on the ML stands, with a 12 Pioneer sub driven by a Marantz SR7008. Primarily streaming hi Res music in two channel . It sounds good to me but I have very little to compare to at this point. The drivers in the Fresco look to be at least equal to the Motions since, according to the specs, in addition to the ATF high end and two 5" low ends there is also an ATF midrange in the Frescos.

Latest posts

Back