Pink Floyd: Pulse concert dvd set

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SteveInNC

Reaction score
I'll write up a real review later for this but for now...

HOLY F@#$^$# !!

About a year ago I wrote the review for the DTS concert DVD Eagles:Hell Freezes Over and stated that it was one of the best-recorded concerts I had ever heard. Pulse far surpasses that. If you even marginally like Pink Floyd, go out and buy this 2 DVD set. If you have never seen a live Pink Floyd concert, and wondered if their visual effects live up to the hype, go buy this DVD set. It's recorded in 4:3 aspect ratio because it predated hi-def, but even so, prepare yourself for an aural and visual spectacle.

Play it loud, with your sub on and the lights off.

Note, the audio setup will let you choose between two bitrates, so be sure to go set that first.

I got this DVD off of ebay about 7 months ago from over seas(it was a burnt copy) and fell in love with it. I might go purchase a new one in the store just to have a fresh version.....Anyway, thumbs up on this set. I'm a long time Floyd fan and have seen them a few times. THIS is a must have for your rock dvd collection.

Dan

SteveInNC said:
I'll write up a real review later for this but for now...

HOLY F@#$^$# !!

About a year ago I wrote the review for the DTS concert DVD Eagles:Hell Freezes Over and stated that it was one of the best-recorded concerts I had ever heard. Pulse far surpasses that. If you even marginally like Pink Floyd, go out and buy this 2 DVD set. If you have never seen a live Pink Floyd concert, and wondered if their visual effects live up to the hype, go buy this DVD set. It's recorded in 4:3 aspect ratio because it predated hi-def, but even so, prepare yourself for an aural and visual spectacle.

Play it loud, with your sub on and the lights off.

Note, the audio setup will let you choose between two bitrates, so be sure to go set that first.

Yes it makes one wonder why other bands can't match the sound quality on the DVD.

Interestingly I thought they sounded better than any live band I'd ever heard when I saw that show in 94. I caught it a few times including one evening in Earl's Court. No band live has ever sounded so clear to me, and the disc isn't doctored up to make the music sound that way. I can vouch that it sounded just like that live.

Roger Waters and David Gilmour are both touring right now. If you can catch them you should. The 2nd half of the Waters tour will have Nick Mason on drums in the US. Rick Wright will be playing one night with Waters/Mason as well. The whole thing makes you wish that Gilmour could get over whatever problem he has with them reuniting.

I saw the same show in the US when they were on tour here. They were playing a stadium at the time and had to get special waivers for the lasers because there is an airport nearby (wouldn't that be an interesting sight from an airplane on approach...). The concert was fantastic. They did multichannel sound in the stadium so when cuts like Money come on, they pan the sound around to the various speakers throughout the arena, so it sounds a lot like the multichannel from the DVD. Even with speakers throughout the arena, they had them delayed properly so you didn't get multipath.

We got the pigs, but not the plane.

Another good live performance is Sting and company. He always used jazz musicians for his bands. He also played/sang for the whole concert - none of the random chatter or other time wasters.

Back