Phono cartridge pairing and phono cable upgrade with ML Expression 13A

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

christopherf

Reaction score
I have the Pro-ject RPM 10 Carbon ordered with Super Pak which included the Sumiko Blackbird; I am getting the itch to replace the tone arm cable that came with the table, perhaps to Analysis Plus Silver Apex https://analysis.plus/product/silver-apex-phono-cable/ Although I have AQ cabling throughout the system, I have read reviews that this particular phono cable is VERY transparent. I am also getting the itch for a new cartridge as I am approaching 1,000 hours. Considerations are Clearaudio Charisma V2 MM, Sumiko Starling, Ortofon Cadenza Black and the new Dynavector DV KARAT 17DX MC Cartridge; thoughts?

Cartridge thoughts all sound quite good(assuming a good compliance match and phono-pre gain), another thought is the Hana line of cartridges

As for your 'itch' to replace your phono cable, unless there is something wrong with it, put the funds into the cartridge. Far wiser ........

Sometimes, itches should be ignored. In my experience, having scratched those itches over the years and losing thousands of dollars, don't spend money on anything unless you are confident that the new whatever will be clearly superior to its replacement or you can return for a full refund.

Last edited:
Back