Peter Soderberg has left ML...sad news , great guy !

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
He helped me a lot. He was the person who explained to me the why I must have the CLXs. I owe him a friendship than the person who had in charge my account with ML.
I am going to missed him a lot!

I suspect his leaving is an indication of some reshuffling/consolidation by the new ML/Paradigm/Anthem ownership. Time will tell.

He helped me a lot. He was the person who explained to me the why I must have the CLXs. I owe him a friendship than the person who had in charge my account with ML.
I am going to missed him a lot!
That's funny when I spoke to him over email, he mentioned that for his retirement he wanted a pair of CLXs.

That's funny when I spoke to him over email, he mentioned that for his retirement he wanted a pair of CLXs.
When the CLXs were almost ready to be launched at the Munich Audio Show, a few weeks before, he explained to me what the new CLXs are. I wrote immediately here at the forum, and when he saw what I had wrote, he called me saying that I must delete that post, and because I did open my big mouth, he could be in trouble. I wrote a post where I said that it was a gossip and that I was not sure it was true...double bass panels was the thing. I am glad that nothing happened. I did not know that what he was telling me was a top secret!!!

As I said before, he encourage me to get the CLXs. He said: Roberto, there are so many little details in this model, that it is impossible to describe how good it is. It is the best product that Martin Logan have had ever produced. The CLXs at the Munich Show, won the best sound of the show award. And not only that, the 11 judges chose them. An unanimous decision for the first time of the show! Two finalist remain at the Show. The Grande Upopia by FMLabs (FOCAL) French Company and the CLXs. One thing that really amusse my is that the price for a pair of the Grande Utopia list price on these days is

The Focal – JM Lab Utopia III ‘Grande EM’ Loudspeaker
Manufactured by Focal/JMLab
website
Price: US$180,000
Source of review sample: Canadian distributor
13 LIKES

Last edited:
30 years ago I first met Peter at our local audio retailer in Northern Calif, Sacramento. Bought my first solid state MOSFET preamp and amplifier from him. Kept in touch some, but lost track after he went to Martin Logan. Hopefully he got scooped up and keeping it going.

Please keep us posted if anyone learns where Peter lands next :)

Hey guys, I am not dead. Yes, a victim of Covid downsizing but still active helping old dealer friends on the occasion and my insight won't change simply because of a different name at the top of the paycheck. As most know, i am pretty open to other good brands and am an adult so won't suddenly be a hater. Lots of great adventures, great folks, etc that i will remember fondly.
My soon to start new adventure will be a return to the store i left 22 years ago, Paradyme (don't complain, Thats they way the have spelled it) Sound and Vision in Sacramento. Gets me back into face time with customers, system design, etc. I will still be around, checking the site, etc.

Hey guys, I am not dead. Yes, a victim of Covid downsizing but still active helping old dealer friends on the occasion and my insight won't change simply because of a different name at the top of the paycheck. As most know, i am pretty open to other good brands and am an adult so won't suddenly be a hater. Lots of great adventures, great folks, etc that i will remember fondly.
My soon to start new adventure will be a return to the store i left 22 years ago, Paradyme (don't complain, Thats they way the have spelled it) Sound and Vision in Sacramento. Gets me back into face time with customers, system design, etc. I will still be around, checking the site, etc.

Good to hear Peter. I know your ML colleagues miss you. As for Sac, they need you back, for sure. Working close by one day, stopped in at Fulton before the pandemic, and I just about called the owners after I walked out thinking WTF!. 3 working near and behind the counter, one quick hello peep, nobody asked me anything, nobody else in the store, all three heads down staring at something - phones, computers, surfing - whatever. Was there to check out a McIntosh hybrid amp for a friend. Told him don't bother. I thought to myself that day "get rid of all three of them and bring Peter back"! And here you are, once again. Nice. Will stop by some time. Take care. Duane

Peter, glad to hear you're OK. Wow, "Paradyme", that's the name I have not heard since '83 when I bought a pair of Infinity RS bookshelf speakers for my college apartment at Davis. I later sold that pair to a co-worker and got hooked on...Magnepan, but that's another story.

I am at the almost 2 week mark at my new job at Paradyme and its like old times in many ways. I do have LOTS to learn now that my world is no longer red, black and a power cord, but I will do my best to shove the new info into my head. For now, happy to help schlep heavy things as that was a lot of what i did at ML. Did a TT calibration last night at a customer's house, The service department had my old box of tools, protractor, etc and it was like opening a treasure chest with memories flooding back.
I can't comment on dcooney's experience above but know that I will always acknowledge and assist while doing my best to keep a smile on my face[based on amount of coffee} . We will have some good audio on display although integration will be the major thrust as that pays the bills. The reason i have been hired is to improve that in store experience so am looking forward to it. We are also working on a video conference capability now that customers have become so used to Zoom so we can get service to folks. Some interesting ideas are coming as well.

Back