Peter Soderberg has left ML...sad news , great guy !

MartinLogan Owners (MLO)

Help Support MartinLogan Owners (MLO):

roberto

Reaction score
He helped me a lot. He was the person who explained to me the why I must have the CLXs. I owe him a friendship than the person who had in charge my account with ML.
I am going to missed him a lot!

sleepysurf

Reaction score
I suspect his leaving is an indication of some reshuffling/consolidation by the new ML/Paradigm/Anthem ownership. Time will tell.

peacefulcargo

Reaction score
He helped me a lot. He was the person who explained to me the why I must have the CLXs. I owe him a friendship than the person who had in charge my account with ML.
I am going to missed him a lot!
That's funny when I spoke to him over email, he mentioned that for his retirement he wanted a pair of CLXs.

roberto

Reaction score
That's funny when I spoke to him over email, he mentioned that for his retirement he wanted a pair of CLXs.
When the CLXs were almost ready to be launched at the Munich Audio Show, a few weeks before, he explained to me what the new CLXs are. I wrote immediately here at the forum, and when he saw what I had wrote, he called me saying that I must delete that post, and because I did open my big mouth, he could be in trouble. I wrote a post where I said that it was a gossip and that I was not sure it was true...double bass panels was the thing. I am glad that nothing happened. I did not know that what he was telling me was a top secret!!!

As I said before, he encourage me to get the CLXs. He said: Roberto, there are so many little details in this model, that it is impossible to describe how good it is. It is the best product that Martin Logan have had ever produced. The CLXs at the Munich Show, won the best sound of the show award. And not only that, the 11 judges chose them. An unanimous decision for the first time of the show! Two finalist remain at the Show. The Grande Upopia by FMLabs (FOCAL) French Company and the CLXs. One thing that really amusse my is that the price for a pair of the Grande Utopia list price on these days is

The Focal – JM Lab Utopia III ‘Grande EM’ Loudspeaker
Manufactured by Focal/JMLab
website
Price: US$180,000
Source of review sample: Canadian distributor
13 LIKES

Last edited:

decooney

Reaction score
30 years ago I first met Peter at our local audio retailer in Northern Calif, Sacramento. Bought my first solid state MOSFET preamp and amplifier from him. Kept in touch some, but lost track after he went to Martin Logan. Hopefully he got scooped up and keeping it going.

Please keep us posted if anyone learns where Peter lands next :)

psoderberg59

Reaction score
Hey guys, I am not dead. Yes, a victim of Covid downsizing but still active helping old dealer friends on the occasion and my insight won't change simply because of a different name at the top of the paycheck. As most know, i am pretty open to other good brands and am an adult so won't suddenly be a hater. Lots of great adventures, great folks, etc that i will remember fondly.
My soon to start new adventure will be a return to the store i left 22 years ago, Paradyme (don't complain, Thats they way the have spelled it) Sound and Vision in Sacramento. Gets me back into face time with customers, system design, etc. I will still be around, checking the site, etc.

Brad225

Reaction score
Glad to hear you alive and well. You have meant a lot to many people here on the site over the years.

Good luck with your New/Old adventure.

Brad

RAH

Reaction score
Mr. Soderberg wish you great company and high achievement in your future endeavors.

Last edited:

Latest posts