Perfect cables for ML Summit - Innersound

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ASantos

Reaction score
Good day to you all,

I`ve been looking for some time, for the most adequate cables for electrostatic panels, such as the ones of the Summits.
The needs are: low capacitance, low inductance and medium resistance. And then, with the help of this forum, I`ve found them.
They are the Innersound cables. My Summits finally reveal all the beauty they have inside. I really advice you to try them. They perform better than much precier cables, because they are electrical adequate for electrostatic panels. My previous cables, Chord Odissey 2, are very good with conventional loudspeakers, but not with ESLs. Now the summits are bi-wired with the Chord on the bass and the magnificient Innersound on the treble.
One last word for the premium customer service of Innersound, especially of Gary Leeds.

Regards.

PS - Pardon my bad English

Summits really do not require bi-wiring. You may wish to try them single-wired. I also recommend trying AQ MontBlanc cables. I've found them to match the characteristics of the panels perfectly.

I did buy them new in the conditions you have mentioned. They must have some remaining.
I agree with aliveatfive, and the Summits manual also states that, they don`t need bi-wire.
But, you can soften the Summits bass, if you apply a cable with bigger resistence. The Chords have also 4 mts, the Innersounds only three. That doesn´t afecct the dumping factor, because the bass of the Summits are powered.

Hi,

Thanks for the tip -- I'm going to check these out. By the bye, as a Chord user you might check out their Signatures. They're pricey but are the most remarkable cables I've ever used. I just swapped them into my system in place of Odysseys and boy, are my Vantages singing!

best,

k

ASantos said:
I did buy them new in the conditions you have mentioned. They must have some remaining.
I agree with aliveatfive, and the Summits manual also states that, they don`t need bi-wire.
But, you can soften the Summits bass, if you apply a cable with bigger resistence. The Chords have also 4 mts, the Innersounds only three. That doesn´t afecct the dumping factor, because the bass of the Summits are powered.

I certainly second kirkawall's comment on Chord Signatures - not only the speaker cables, but also the digital and analogue interconnects, with which I have gradually cabled almost my entire system. Fortunately, because Signatures have now been available for a number of years, there are usually a number available on eBay at very reasonable prices for the exceptional performance boost they offer (at least here in the UK - not sure whether the supply is as plentiful in US).

N

Hi,

I have the Signature ICs also. I'm not a cable evangalist by any means but these really do sound amazing and, weirdly, subjectively louder than some others I've tried. The shielding perhaps? Anyway, I'm going to hang on to these for the long term. A nice combination of clarity and dynamics but without any extra high-freq edge.

best,

k

NJH Smith said:
I certainly second kirkawall's comment on Chord Signatures - not only the speaker cables, but also the digital and analogue interconnects, with which I have gradually cabled almost my entire system.
N

Back