Pass Labs XP-22 Preamp In The House

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Gotta love N. Pass ! I go back with him to the Threshold days of the mid-eighties and Stasis topology driving my Maggie 3.6 at the time.

So...if one were about to thinking of matching Pass amplifiers with ML 13A or 15A speakers, among the XA100.8, XA160.8, and the X260.8, what advice might be offered?

Last edited:
So...if one were about to thinking of matching Pass amplifiers with ML 13A or 15A speakers, among the XA100.8, XA160.8, and the X260.8, what advice might be offered?

I would try the XA60.8. As noted I am happily using with CLXs and same with friend running 13As.

Len, I stated before that one of the reasons for the purchase of my X260.8's was I felt like I was getting the best of both worlds. A powerful Class A/B amp with large amount of initial bias into Class A. The highest of any Pass amp save the mighty X650.

I started with an XP-10 Pass preamp and the XA 30.8 amp driving my CLX speakers. While I was pretty happy with the sound I felt the XP-10 was a bit “fat” sounding in the bass. Maybe a little too rounded. After exploring the idea of an upgrade to the XP-32, I was persuaded that for the same cost upgrading to the XP-22 preamp and X250.8 amp would be the better move. So far I am happy with the upgrade - it sounds more natural.

Latest posts

Back