Paradigm Co-Founder buys Paradigm, MartinLogan, and Anthem from Shoreview!

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sleepysurf

Reaction score
Wow! Just saw this press release on Sound & Vision... https://www.soundandvision.com/content/paradigm-co-founder-buys-paradigm-anthem-and-martinlogan

I think it's a favorable development as the new CEO is an industry veteran, and already associated with the brands.

Anthem's decision to make their new ARC Genesis backward compatible with some older ML subs and speakers (and older Anthem and Paradigm products) also shows their commitment to strong product support.

I found this (old) video interview with him. Impressive!

Last edited:
Good news (I think).

Although - ML have done really well under Shoreview - I think better than we all expected when we first heard that news.

I take this as good news, as it might be possible to focus on longer-term strategic moves that position the group better in their market. Sometimes private equity is only interested in the financial engineering aspects and will sacrifice things we customers might value.

Shoreview definitely pushed ML to broaden their market coverage, who would have thought 15 years ago ML would have a boom box? ;)
But it's good that they now have strong revenues and can fund more R&D.

Maybe he can review the current replacement panel pricing and somehow come up with better pricing structure.

I stumbled upon this recent interview with John Bagby (Co-CEO), discussing some future directions for Anthem/Paradigm/ML... https://essentialinstall.com/features/ei-interview-john-bagby-paradigm-anthem-and-martin-logan-md/

That particular website is installer-centric, but Bagby's comments were very favorable for those of us hoping for strong R&D for new products, excerpt...

You decided to take ownership because you felt that the company had grown too subordinate to the bottom line. What difference will this change make?

I think the biggest difference will be seen in a new freedom to explore possibilities that may not make sense when viewed from a balance sheet. The teams behind all three brands remain incredibly passionate about exploring innovative ideas and directions and delivering high performance products. We want to push boundaries. We want to explore. We acknowledge that not every path you go down is going to produce a monetary benefit. Sometimes, the journey will take us in unexpected directions. But we believe that as long as we are learning and growing, increasing our knowledge, then our explorations and innovations are well worthwhile.

Last edited:
Notice MartinLogan seem to have clearance on certain niche products that didn't pan out. Like the wireless amplifier.

Latest posts

Back