Paradigm and Mirage

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
R

rynopr

I've never really owned any other speakers besides ML. I had a plan one day to own them and never deviated from it. However, I've been wondering lately what kind of sound you would get from a couple other speaker companies compared to ML.
I was wondering what Paradigm's Signature 8s and Mirage's new OMDs would sound like compared to say a Vantage?

FWIW -

For a second system, I use Paradigm Studio 20s with a Golden Tube SE40 and a Van Alstine preamp. Sources include a Dyna FM3 and a Theta Miles cd player. Also use a VPI HW 19 IV in this set-up. I find the speakers pleasing with no obvious sonic vices. In tonal balance, they are quite neutral, but they don't have the electrostatic "aliveness" that Logans have in abundance. BTW, LakeShore Industries now owns both Paradigm and ML!

I've had Mirage Omnipolars before. They're nice for the small speakers and fairly cheap for a decent 5.1 setup.

I had Mirages little FL-100 sub for about two years and loved it. After a little tweaking it is a real nice tight clean sounding little sub, I all most purchased a 2nd one but decided to hold off for a Depth Subwoofer.

Can anyone comment on the soundstage, dimensionality, advantages, and disadvantages compared to ML?

Thanks

rynopr said:
Can anyone comment on the soundstage, dimensionality, advantages, and disadvantages compared to ML? Thanks

rynopr, if you have a chance to listen to them I would certainly try to do so.

My best friend owns the OM5 series, and for me they are pretty damn close to a ML speaker. His Mirage is smooth, focused, has lots of slam and creates a wonderful 3-dimensional soundstage.

I could honestly trade him speakers and not feel like I lost anything other than the 'air' sensation. The 'air' was probably the selling point for me on the Aeon-i; which was something different from the other speakers I had owned in the past.

Attachments

• OM5_popup.jpg
    OM5_popup.jpg
    26.5 KB · Views: 148
I have experiance with Mirage and I love the company because I feel that it is one of the few companies who truly give you a good price to product ratio. In other words, you really get what you pay for. The omnipolars are half the price of the bose systems and twice the product. That being said, they will not outperform the ML's, but you will get the bang for the buck you deserve.
MY opinion is that the Summits are slightly overpriced as well. They are great speakers, but 10K is quite hefty. I would think that 7500.00 or so would be more reasonable. But hey, people will pay for them obviously. And I would too if I had 10k just lying around!

Dominick

Back