Panel powered by battery

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

roni44

Reaction score
Has anyone here tried power panels by portable power bank or other type of battery? Idea was inspired by King's Audio HK, they have a mini stat hybrid bookshelf with battery add-on as an option. Not sure base on ML's design will present any beneficial to the sound, What's your opinion?

Last edited:
I would not mess with it. Unless it was some type of battery backup the ML speakers, they are designed with the correct power supply the engineers wanted to give the correct performance. Can you get any more information on what the battery is actually supposed to be doing? How would you hook it up to an ML? I really don't understand the battery setup. Thanks for any info.

If you look at the website, the bookshelf is offered with battery option.

http://www.kingsaudio.com.hk/?princess-iii,199
I don't think it would be that difficult to find a 15v out power bank or to make one, just wondering if someone has experimented. And what type of benefit can be had. Everyone talks about dirty power, power noise, conditioning and etc, so with battery powered panel will eliminate all the interference?

Back