Panel Crackle

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bobby

MLO Supporter
Reaction score
I have a pair of Vantages and one started crackling a few days ago. I have tried lightly vacuuming it but it worked only briefly ( a minute or so) before crackling as before. I have read about using a soft paint brush, which I will do next. Should I try a more powerful vacuum? I used a household vac to avoid damaging the panels but I could use my shop vac if it would work without worry. Could this be caused by humidity, as the stereo is in a room that has doors that are sometimes open to the patio? Whatever the cause, what more can I do to stop the crackle, and prevent it from reoccurring?

my guess given their age they probably were not properly maintained(vacuumed regularly )

try re-vacuuming again with the more powerful shop vac and if you have a brush attachment, preferably horse hair (no static issues like a synthetic haired brush) , use it

If they are ancient, go for broke. Try anything to fix them as you probably have repair work anyway. Can't hurt to see if you can make them work!

Back