Panel and sun

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bumpy

Reaction score
Hi. New here. I have a pair of ReQuest and think I saw somewhere that the panel shouldn’t be exposed to sun.
1. Is that true and if so…
2. Is it the heat or the rays which are harmful?
3. Their placement in my house must unfortunately be near windows, which I cover. Does anyone have some tips so I don’t have to cover the windows?
Bumpy

I think the main worry is the UV rays. I have all of my home's windows tinted, and that blocks something like 98% of all those rays. It will also save your hardwood floors, carpet, furniture, etc. Fades everything and would wear the panels.

As Robert said and depending on window / speaker orientation uncovered windows can be a sonic nightmare !

I think the main worry is the UV rays. I have all of my home's windows tinted, and that blocks something like 98% of all those rays. It will also save your hardwood floors, carpet, furniture, etc. Fades everything and would wear the panels.
Thanks
I will check around glass which stops UV rays.

Thanks
I will check around glass which stops UV rays.
I had a window tinting business come and do ours. Its a film that they apply to the windows. Not only does it keep things from getting damaged from the rays, it also helps keep the home cooler in the summer a bit.

I had a window tinting business come and do ours. Its a film that they apply to the windows. Not only does it keep things from getting damaged from the rays, it also helps keep the home cooler in the summer a bit.
I live in the country side in France, so I will see what I can buy on the net and apply it myself. Thanks for answering my question.

I live in the country side in France, so I will see what I can buy on the net and apply it myself. Thanks for answering my question.
It's not real hard to do. Just need patience. Main thing is to avoid air bubbles. Once it's up, it looks really nice. Many different grades of tint and each one is rated for uv blocking ability.

Back