Help Support MartinLogan Owners (MLO):

Status
Not open for further replies.

TomDac

former MLO owner/operator
Staff member
Reaction score
FYI.

Today I realized that "Ovature" is actually a user that we had problems with last year called "Tascam". I have banned him from the site and sent him the following email:

Hi Allan aka "Tascam" aka "Ovature",

You blew it, dude. Your post today tipped me off and I realized that you are "Tascam" - a user who I previously banned in August of 2005. Your participation on the site is no longer welcome.

Tom D'Acquisto
ML Club Webmaster

Thanks for all of you who informed me of his posts, etc.

Tom.

Next time, stay single, stay sane, and get to keep your stuff. Only a MADMAN would marry a woman in this country/culture today. Sounds like you need new panels or you have a short/bad solder connection someplace. Just think: If you didn't marry in the first place, you could probably be buying a new ML Statement or at least a Summit. It's really nice to be able to listen to my SL3s without any nagging and no bitchfests in the house either!!

attyonline

Reaction score
Happy to hear it. Seemed everything he said came down to black and white in which he was right and if you differed with him at all, you were wrong. His opinions seemed to me to be thinly disguised digs on other members here regarding their speakers or associated equipment. I lurk mostly at AVS Forum and do not want to see the kind of posters here like they get regularly there. This place is fun and informative and I hope it remains so. :)

T

tsd2005

Ovature=Tascam

I hope nobody even thinks that anything Ovature said was close to being honest or based in reality. Tascam was a user who claimed to be a musician who was a recording engineer. Ovature claimed to be a Radiologist. Both were liars.

Every cheap shot he took at the ML Speaker line was BS. They weren't based in reality at all. The Veneer doesn't peel off, etc.

I hope he didn't influence anyone at all about how they spend their money.

kach22i

Reaction score
tsd2005 said:
Ovature=Tascam

I hope nobody even thinks that anything Ovature said was close to being honest or based in reality.
I agree, he had a predetermination to bash M/L and other forum users on what were baseless fabrications.

Good riddens.

twich54

Forum Administrator
Reaction score
My hats off to you Tom, Dick Tracy would be proud !!!

DTB300

Reaction score
When I read the marriage rant, it smelled like tascam. But when I finally had a chance to email Tom about it, he already had taken care of things. You 'da man Tom.

Statman

Reaction score
Maybe he's just a frustrated angry single man? Thanks Tom. "We will now resume normal programming". :D

Joey_V

Reaction score
Dang... so this is what I get for being gone for a 32hour shift??? I missed all the festivities?! Dang...

Ah well... so long Ovature! May we never see you on these boards again!

Though, I know for a fact he is bashing ML on audiogon forums.... :mad: .

aliveatfive

Reaction score
Joey -

I thought we bid a not-so-fond-farewell to Tascam after his Summit-bashing posts of the past. Then he re-surfaces. I wonder if he'll make an attempt to come back in a different guise. Hope that Tom can catch him if he tries again. What would motivate someone to post on this board and have almost nothing tangible to contrubute?

Robin

Reaction score
Good Detective Work Tom...

Tom,

A job well done. You have saved us and made us feel safe once again. ;)

Thank you. :)

roberto

Reaction score
Hola Tom...you know, I though it was our dear friend Kevin again...not Tascam...thanks for your Dick Tracy job!!!
Peace my dear friends, peace!!!
Regards from Costa Rica,
Roberto. :D

T

Taz

Thanks Tom, The one thing I like about this forum and (I have tried and left others), Is everyone treats everyone with the utmost respect. I appreciate you taking action to keep it that way.

attyonline

Reaction score
socialxray said:
It is amazing how one person can change the "feel" of a forum.
Maybe not. One bad egg can ruin any group outing. For example, imagine a loud drunk at a family picnic and how he/she might ruin the outting for everyone. A forum can be ruined that way, esp a small forum like this which is centered on one brand of speakers, where some clown makes unsubstantiated and outrageous libels against ML and the people who like them. Thanks to Tom, that guy is history again! :p

MarkNewbie

Reaction score
I remember that guy from before!

The question is....

Do you folks remember me????

HIYA!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.