Original Sequels Question.

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

audioxcel

Reaction score
I have had the same pair of Sequels since ML released them. They keep on giving and continue to sound great with new stats. I have only considered different speakers over the years (Sound Lab A3, Apogee Duettas) but room size limitations make wider speakers not practical.

I had a loose binding post on one last year and had to take the power supply off to tighten it. While fixing that I saw a wire that could not figure out. it seems to be a bare wire that has a swivel connector. The swivel, if that is what it is, is tarnished black and will not clean up with any chemical. This keeps knawing at me.

Does anyone know what this wire is and whether the tarnish might affect sound quality? it seems likely that it is a ground wire

Last edited:
I have had the same pair of Sequels since ML released them. They keep on giving and continue to sound great with new stats. I have only considered different speakers over the years (Sound Lab A3, Apogee Duettas) but room size limitations make wider speakers not practical.

I had a loose binding post on one last year and had to take the power supply off to tighten it. While fixing that I saw a wire that could not figure out. it seems to be a bare wire that has a swivel connector. The swivel, if that is what it is, is tarnished black and will not clean up with any chemical. This keeps knawing at me.

Does anyone know what this wire is and whether the tarnish might affect sound quality? it seems likely that it is a ground wire
I am not sure but if you can send an image I can look. I have a pair sitting open waiting to solder panel wires back on.
Regards Mark

I am not sure but if you can send an image I can look. I have a pair sitting open waiting to solder panel wires back on.
Regards Mark
Thanks for trying to help me sort this. Unfortunately, I am in the middle of an outdoor project that I have to finish before the weather changes so I won't have time to take the power supply off to take a picture for at last the next two weeks. The "connector" ", or what ever it is, is sort of cone shaped and about 1/4" in diameter. It was in plain sight when I was resoldering the speaker binding posts .

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back